Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: aba is my king
yers 59 60.20%
BASTARD 39 39.80%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 03:56 AM

Default Re: General Music Discussion Thread (a.k.a. indie lovefest)

[ QUOTE ]
If your a fan of wolf parade/sunset rubdown check out Handsome Furs. Side project of the lead singer of Wolf parade. Pretty solid CD in general. Not quite up there wiht Apologies to the Queen Mary but its worth listening to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd just like to add that this isn't a spencer krug band, this is the other singer for wolf parade's side project. He described the band as "basically Wolf Parade without the guy that everybody likes."
Old 07-01-2007, 05:53 AM

i never said it was spencer krug. Hes not the lead singer of Wolf Parade as far as i know.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:26 AM

I'm not sure if this belongs here but the new Mars Volta was announced, it will be called "The Bedlam in Goliath." It will be another concept album. Two tracks are floating around youtube, "Idle Tooth" and "Rapid Fire Tollbooth." I think the latter may turn out to be one of my favorite TMV songs.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:23 AM

Has anyone heard the new Interpol album? It just leaked this past week and I think it is stellar. Then again they are one of my favorite bands.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i never said it was spencer krug. Hes not the lead singer of Wolf Parade as far as i know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they split singing on Apologies 6/7, I'm not sure how you can think he's any less of a lead singer than Boeckner. And I think most people would agree that Krug> boeckner in terms of talent/originality as evidenced by Apologies and Sunset Rubdown.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:42 PM

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the new go! team album is coming soon, and the first single is on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6KfJcjrSTM
Old 07-01-2007, 03:03 PM

With half the year gone, I just wanted to list my favorite music of the year so far...This is going to have a slightly electronic-bias but I've listened to plenty of good indie rock/pop too, but it doesn't live the impression that some of this electronic stuff does...

Anyway...

Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha I love Andrew Bird and this is one of his better albums that I've heard so far, although his last one ...and The Mysterious Production of Eggs was really good too.

Eluvium - Copia - [censored] fantastic ambient music.

Feist - The Reminder - I love Feist. Check out 1234 or [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWrNCCx2p5U&mode=related&search=]My Moon, My Man[/b].

The Field - From Here We Go Sublime It's been talked about before, but it's really really good.

Gui Boratto - Chromophobia Another great electronic record, similar to The Field.

Klaxons - Myths of the Near Future Spazzy dance music with a rock tinge. Probably been talked about before and I'm not even too sure it's 2007, but I think it is.

Matthew Dear - Asa Breed Under-appreciated minimal-house artist who happens to be my name twin and I give him props for it. Really good album.

Memory Band - Apron Strings A strong folk album that I really like and I don't really like folk that much.

Moonbabies - Moonbabies at the Ballroom - A good indie pop record, pretty much.

Music for Animals - S/T - Good rock record.

Patrick Wolf - Magic Position - Seems like Andrew Bird but more upbeat. talked about here before.

Ratatat - Remixes Volume 2 - Blow away the first volume of remixes and their underwhelming second album with this volume of remixes of rap and hip-hop songs. So, so, so sick. Must listen.

The Shins - Wincing The Night Away Perhaps you've heard of it. I like this just as much as the Modest Mouse or Arcade Fire albums, but figured I would put it here and get all 3 out of the way.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the new go! team album is coming soon, and the first single is on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6KfJcjrSTM

[/ QUOTE ]

cool video

i love thunder lightning strike, but i hope they expand on it on the new album. this first track sounds like it might just be a repeat which would be ok but meh
Old 07-01-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With half the year gone, I just wanted to list my favorite music of the year so far...This is going to have a slightly electronic-bias but I've listened to plenty of good indie rock/pop too, but it doesn't live the impression that some of this electronic stuff does...

[/ QUOTE ]
Man, I have no idea how a list with an admitted electronic bias doesn't include the LCD Soundsystem album.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:02 PM

Because I don't like it that much?

EDIT: Also, it's not like you guys haven't heard about it.
Closed Thread