Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Get Your Noob Out-SSSH edition *DELETED*

Post deleted by StellarWind
Old 06-29-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Get Your Noob Out-SSSH edition

What changes do you make pf from SB in 2/3 structure? Do you call with wider range or 3-bet wider or both? What are marginal hands in the following situations:

a) UTG raises, folded to you
b) CO raises, button coldcalls
c) CO opens, folded to you

<font color="green"> In theory a hand which has EV no worse than -1/6 SB in a 1/2 structure is profitable playing 2/3. I've never developed any standards because I almost never play 2/3.</font>
Old 06-29-2007, 05:56 PM

I feel like im a noob sometimes in 3-handed small unraised pots. Imagine the game make up is typical 5/10 or 10/20 make up.

Some examples, how do I handle these situations as a default?

I have Q2o in BB, UTG calls, SB completes.

Flop is AQ5 with a two flush.
Do you call down compeltely? Call a couple streets? Fold if a K comes up?

I have A7o.
Flop is K55.
Two calling stations in the hand who can bluff but dont do it frequently. Same situation. Assume they will call without any part of the board to your bet.

I have A7o in the BB
UTG is a maniac playing any two cards and peels very light.
KQ5 flop.
If SB folds, how do I proceed against maniac?
Old 06-30-2007, 09:55 AM

What is an attainable and sustainable winrate in 3/6 and 5/10 these days for a good but not great player?

<font color="green"> I don't know and I don't care very much. Besides your idea of a good player is probably different from mine.

A good player who practices game selection and watches the table carefully should still enjoy a very nice win rate.

If someone is a HUD-bot 4-tabling one of the big sites with no reads and minimal regard for game selection then I'm not sure what he can expect. Although if you are doing this and it isn't working for you then by my definition you are not a good player. The ability to quickly size up a game and know whether you have the best of it is the single most important skill in poker. This one skill plus the discipline to act on one's conclusions is the basic difference between winners and losers.</font>
Old 07-01-2007, 03:40 AM

What do you guys do when you table select? Please rate:

1) Known fish.
2) Known sharks.
3) Avg. VPIP
4) Avg. # players who see flop.
5) Other....

Can you clarify what getting position on someone means and why this is a good idea?

<font color="green"> The most important thing is having at least one major fish because they provide the loose money to cover the rake and feed the other players. Sharks don't matter very much by comparison because a good player shouldn't hurt you very much even if he is a little better than you.

You should try and sit with the fish on your right so that you play after him. You are going to be playing the most hands versus the fish and unless he happens to be the button you will always have position on him.</font>