Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Etiquette??? (kinda long-low content)

This does not specifically have anything to do with PLO but it happened to come up during a PLO SnG so I figured I'd post it here first...

I basically suck at PLO so I am playing some micro SnG's to get a feel for it... in this particular one (6 handed) there was 1 person who never came to play and was sitting out the entire time.. I got extremely lucky and busted 3 ppl within like 10 hands... so me, another guy and the person sitting out are left... I played a couple of hands with the guy and he sat out too... I felt bad for the guy (I don't know him, just a random dude) and gave up a few hands to make sure he made the money rather than the one who was sitting out the entire time (there was NO agreement for this I just did it on my own initiative)...

so finally the person sitting out busts and it's 2 handed and the guy all of a sidden comes back and starts playing... I felt like that was kind of dirty after I went out of my way to make sure he made the money (he was REALLY close in chips with the 3rd person)...

I had a monstrous lead and won anyway, but what do ppl think about him comin back to try and get lucky after I made sure he got into the money? Also, was it bad form for me to do this in the first place? Like I said there was no agreement and he did not ask me to do this...

Thanks
Old 06-30-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Etiquette??? (kinda long-low content)

If there's no agreement then there is no ethical dilemma.

As for the other player coming back to play, since he had no way of knowing what you were doing or why you were doing it he can do what he wants.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:19 PM

Why should you care who wins? Take the free chips when they are offered by other players. Why damage your own EV? Do you often give strangers in the street free money when they don't ask for it?
Old 06-30-2007, 10:25 PM

"Greed is good"

If you don't believe in that statement, stop playing poker.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:05 PM

Unless he actually communicated some agreement, He did the right thing by playing hard when given a chance heads up. His wait out strategy was probably also a product of wanting to maximize EV.