Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 04:20 AM

Default Re: Naked people in locker rooms

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Situation 2. Walk into the locker room and two guys sitting on the couch nekid watching TV

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't been in a locker room in 20 years, but I don't remember them having TV's or couches. Seriously, WTF? At what point did locker rooms cross over from taking care of business to a good place to spend time?

[/ QUOTE ]I bet it's perfect if you're done and you're waiting for a buddy to finish or something.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:06 AM

You guys are a bunch of nits. If you see a few dicks who cares? Also, being naked in the locker room has nothing to do with being gay either. Its not like you're gonna get attacked by the naked old dudes.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:28 AM

if they are just doing functional gym related things its not that bad. But as soon as meat spin starts up.....
Old 06-30-2007, 06:24 AM

CLIFFNOTES: i live in china, and to do business in china you have to go to bathhouse/massage parlor... and see lots of nakid men [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] except for the naked part it's really relaxing and enjoyable

i dunno... this is hard since i'm half chinese half american and in places like asia (russia incuded for this) bathhouses are super common. and 100% of the people are naked. it's like a reverse effect. if i walk around with a towel everyone will stare at me... and then when i have to take go to take a shower i'm convinced (paranoid maybe?) that people walk by my shower (no doors) just to look if i'm naked. obviously i just ditched the towel after the 3rd time i went (i usually go about 3 times a month). btw by towel i mean tiny hand cloth, which is the only thing they give you.

anyway, most people who've lived outside of america don't really find this too weird.

if anything it's weirder to me to complain that it's only the old guys. it's an indiferent fact, as you are either a person who just can't stand being visible (and vica versa) to naked men. i dunno, if anything i'm more indifferent if some old fat dude is slouched over walking by. and a naked guy is a naked guy. at the end of the day in a bathhouse you are still getting in the same water, sitting in the same sauna, etc. i think just not looking seems like the answer here.

footnote: in america i never walk around naked, as being a halfie, we are more of a "follow local customs" kind of people.

oh yah, and these places are really really really big and pretty cool, and i've never had someone have a locker within 4 meters of me. and they give you really comfy pajamas before you go up to your room to get your massage (happy ending available for a little more money... in fact you can buy a full on prostitute, although i don't go for that since i am perfectly capable of picking up chicks myself) after the massage, you can sleep in the room until noon the next day if you want. and in china it's kind of unavoidable going to these bathhouses/massage parlors and you get used to it.. for example business partners, your boss, friends, etc will all want to invite you to a bathhouse... it's super common for people with money here to go minimum once a week

edit: there are tv rooms, and rooms to play ping pong, chinese chess, etc, but people in those rooms have already left the floor with the baths, so they are clothed in pajamas... (the buildings are usually 5-10 stories tall)
Old 06-30-2007, 07:56 AM

I luckily do not get subjected to the old men at the YMCA locker room, but after 9 years in football locker rooms some of the comments in this thread are interesting. No one just praces around, but at the same time, guys don't stay facing the wall and act embarassed all the time. At this point we have probably all seem more dicks than we ever want to so you just don't worry about it.

People think it is much more weird/gay for the few guys who don't shower and instead star sweaty and disgusting until they head home.

As for the old men, they normally could care less and although gross, it is not gay, etc.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:58 AM

I hate this too
Old 06-30-2007, 09:06 AM

Ivan Koloff ( here and here.) Would always walk around naked swinging his 2" unit in the gym I used to be a member of. (It was Ric Flairs Gold Gym fwiw, and lots of the wrestlers would come, especially if the WWF or WWE was in town. Interesting to see Stone Cold and Triple H sitting on bar stools, laughing, drinking a protein shake.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:17 AM

do the women's locker have this same problem? old ladies walking around all naked?
Old 06-30-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still trying to figure out why someone would need to shave at the gym. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, because we might be working out first thing in the morning before going to work.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do the women's locker have this same problem? old ladies walking around all naked?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for the US, but it's common in Europe. At my gym, we all get our own shower stalls, but it's perfectly normal to walk back into the main locker area naked.

Not many old women go to the gym. We get the fatties instead [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You just get used to it.