Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 12:08 AM

Default 50NL - AA facing push

I'm having a horrible day w/ aces and its got me a little messed up, so I don't know if this is a call or fold, or if I played this right. Below is how I was doing so far with them today, notice the W$SD:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($50.17)
SB ($50.58)
BB ($71.16)
UTG ($61.78)
MP ($88.30)
CO ($66.06)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $3.75, MP calls $3.25.

Flop: ($13.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9.5</font>, UTG calls $61.78 (All-In), MP folds, Hero ?

*edit: no read
Old 06-30-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: 50NL - AA facing push

Ok had to take down my original post bc I misread the hand in like 5 places sorry. First, I make it $6 pf against a minraise bc he will call a lot. On the flop, I still think that I stack off with AA here. He still could have a pp&gt;99 here but not as much. Idk man, the board come low and you got AA, Im still prolly gonna felt this against an unknown.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:15 AM

Damn, I don't know. Readless I probably start thinking set (his play is consistent with that) and fold.

In a raised and reraised pot, UTG should be thinking that there's a really good chance you have a big PP. Is he also thinking he can push you off of that and win UI with a worse PP or a big draw? I don't think I'd risk it.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:17 AM

Any read on UTG? w/o a read at $50NL, I think I call here. He called pre-flop a raise/re-raise, and is now check-raising the flop. I think he has an overpair to the board, 99, 66 or 22. There is one hand that ties you, (actually you are ahead with the Ah) 24 hands you are way ahead of (KK-TT) and 9 hands you are behind (99, 66 or 22) I expect to see KK-TT more than 50% of the time so I think a call is clearly warranted. (Oh, I completely ignored the possibility that he has a flush or straight draw as they only make a call easier)
Old 06-30-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He cold called pre-flop a raise/re-raise, and is not check-raising the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, he's checkraising all-in, actually.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TT-KK, and the occasional small pp/9x and FD, can you say ship it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the preflop action reduces the possibility of TT-KK significantly. I'm not ruling out an UTG limp from any of those hands, but I'm also thinking a player who limps TT UTG may not be the same kind of player who's going to be eager to checkraise all-in with that hand versus a likely better overpair.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He cold called pre-flop a raise/re-raise, and is not check-raising the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, he's checkraising all-in, actually.

[/ QUOTE ]
Typo, meant to say "now" not "not"

Trying to point out he cold called a pfrr and is now check raising a huge overbet. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TT-KK, and the occasional small pp/9x and FD, can you say ship it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the preflop action reduces the possibility of TT-KK significantly. I'm not ruling out an UTG limp from any of those hands, but I'm also thinking a player who limps TT UTG may not be the same kind of player who's going to be eager to checkraise all-in with that hand versus a likely better overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

You raise a valid point, I completely failed to consider the fact he limped before calling the re-raise. That should considerably reduce the chances he has KK-TT and I may consider folding to that much of an overbet w/o a read.