Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Another MGM ruling

[ QUOTE ]
I've been reading Brick&Mortar and NVG for like two years but never posted, but when I saw that thread I was like holy [censored] that was me that dealt that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Take my "idiot" comment with a grain of salt. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Everybody makes mistakes.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Not too thrilled with you either.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 06-29-2007, 01:13 AM

Been in LV for the past two weeks playing mainly at the MGM & Rio. As far as poor rulings go I've seen far fewer at the MGM. Man the R IO is a Zoo! Lol

Jimbo

ps: placed 125th in the omaha8 p/l WSOP tourney but no cash. Oh well...
Old 06-29-2007, 01:44 AM

I don't agree.

As a dealer, I almost always keep my yap shut, even if the dealer makes a mistake.

But if the dealer makes a huge mistake that could dramatically affect the outcome of a hand, I speak up, and so should you.

Suppose the guy facing the bet holds the 2nd nut flush, then sees the inappropriately exposed ace of his suit? You were ok to speak up in this case.

Al
Old 06-29-2007, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree.

As a dealer, I almost always keep my yap shut, even if the dealer makes a mistake.

But if the dealer makes a huge mistake that could dramatically affect the outcome of a hand, I speak up, and so should you.

Suppose the guy facing the bet holds the 2nd nut flush, then sees the inappropriately exposed ace of his suit? You were ok to speak up in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have slightly mixed thoughts about it. It wasn't THAT huge a deal, but it was a pretty large all-in with a pretty large pot which is why I thought it important enough to interject. It sullied MY mood greatly to have the dealer flatly refuse to call the floor and then perform an irreversible act to preempt any possibility of the player actually impacted asking for the floor (I wasn't going to insist the floor get called, but I wanted the all-in player to understand that if he really didn't want those cards shared with his opponent HE could ask for the floor). It wasn't that she didn't understand, or even that she was INSISTING she knew the rule that bugged me a lot; it was her almost flipping me off and doing what she wanted to do while there was still controversy pending that put my meters in the red.

So yeah, I think technically and ethically speaking up was probably right. And if the dealer had just given the all-in guy a chance to say "I don't care, you can show 'em" I woulda been in a MUCH better mood after that. As is, I had to get up immediately and take a walk to avoid saying very unpleasant things to the dealer (which maybe deserved saying, but it wasn't my place to say 'em directly to her).
Old 06-29-2007, 01:07 PM

Maybe people shouldn't flash cards while there is still a hand going on.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:20 PM

When e-tables get going full steam, all this mess will be a thing of the past--something people "used" to talk about:

[ QUOTE ]
Playing $1/$2 w/99 in MP, I RFI w/ 99 to $15. I get a LP caller as well as the BB. Flop comes T76. BB pushes all in for $150. I flod after a few seconds and flash my 99 to the all in player. Dealer annonces exposed cards and turns them over for the LP player to see. LP eventually mucks (after about 2 minutes). I apologized to the raiser for ruining any action he may have gotten on the hand, he just shrugs and tells me not my fault the dealer is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]