FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 2
C/r allin 1 100.00%
Bet out 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: donkaments are fuuun

I'm about 8 or 9 in the last week or so.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:22 PM

So I sent cROUNDER a PM saying Im willing to play, I want minimum $3k-$5k at stake and it must be over a lot of matches. I dont think it will be enjoyable to play him so I want to be financially compensated and I think this is fair.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:34 PM

Ok So how are we going to do this.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok So how are we going to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously why do u guys want to go challenging each other. I think this is the dumbest think i've ever heard and a sure way to get yourself broke.

Sklansky wrote an interesting article about 2 years ago using Bayes Theorem to show how winning even 5 matches does very little to upgrade your prior distribution and to show ones's skill. To find out who is better you'd have to play tons and tons of matches against each other and that is -EV.

I know most of the guys on this forum are young and dumb, but this is about the dumbest thing i've ever seen. Just grind and make cash, these challenges are silly.

Indy
Old 06-29-2007, 04:51 PM

Indiana hes always calling me out on things and Im really fed up with it. I mean he cant ever just be nice about anything ever. Hes a young inconsiderate punk and I want to shut him up.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Indiana hes always calling me out on things and Im really fed up with it. I mean he cant ever just be nice about anything ever. Hes a young inconsiderate punk and I want to shut him up.

[/ QUOTE ]

cwar is a pretty nice guy, and if you feel this way then you must have major leaks because every comment he makes about our play is constructive. if you want to play a guy like him (a very tough, thinking player) then be my guest but you are making a big mistake because at this structure of heads up play i'd be shocked if even phil ivey could get much edge.

These challenges also don't prove anything. I used to be like this crounder, so take my advice before you waste the next two years challengeing people and wasting time. The best move you could make would be to apologize to cwar and hire him as you coach. Of course, it took me 2 yrs to realize that i needed to shut my mouth and learn from the better players rather than trash talk them.

Take it from a guy who has been banned on 2 forums already.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cwar is a pretty nice guy, and if you feel this way then you must have major leaks because every comment he makes about our play is constructive. if you want to play a guy like him (a very tough, thinking player) then be my guest but you are making a big mistake because at this structure of heads up play i'd be shocked if even phil ivey could get much edge.

These challenges also don't prove anything. I used to be like this crounder, so take my advice before you waste the next two years challengeing people and wasting time. The best move you could make would be to apologize to cwar and hire him as you coach. Of course, it took me 2 yrs to realize that i needed to shut my mouth and learn from the better players rather than trash talk them.

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I want to see this challenge happen indiana is making some sense here.

But please still play and post HHs.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I want to see this challenge happen indiana is making some sense here.

But please still play and post HHs.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont want to see it happen. cwar is obviously headed for poker greatness and these silly challenges are like the only vices that could destroy him. DIDNT U GUYS LEARN ANYTHING FROM ROUNDERS?
Old 06-29-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To find out who is better you'd have to play tons and tons of matches against each other and that is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
The structure I have in mind would reward the better player with huge +EV. My offer, $3k-$5k escrow and we play a series of 50-100 no blind increase hu matches (this minimizes rake). To those of you who know me I think you all know I could care less about proving anything, this is about money for me, I actually suspect this is going to be a boring grind but for $5k its worth my time.

Yes cROUNDER, Ive never been nice to you but I am nice to the large majority of people try and connect the dots. If you really want I can post the exact conversation on AIM that shows why I dislike you.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:29 PM

Oh and the reason I acted like it was a huge joke at the beginning is because you offered stakes of 500-1000, oh and the attention is fun as well.
Closed Thread