Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is this a good deal?
It's a great deal - take the damn money! 8 72.73%
ITS A TRAP!!!! 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Possibly Dumbest Question Ever... Yale Vs. USC

pokergrader is quickly becoming one of my favorite posters [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2007, 03:50 PM

yea i did [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2007, 09:51 PM

Good choice.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:44 AM

pokergrader,
I go to UVA. Everything you said about USC I think about UVA. It's just not the same as an Ivy League.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pokergrader,
I go to UVA. Everything you said about USC I think about UVA. It's just not the same as an Ivy League.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was my main point. USC is a good school, UVA is also a really good school, but they aint ivy league.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:20 PM

<b>Whenever I meet someone new, and it comes up that I went to Yale, that person makes automatic assumptions about my intelligence and my abilities. </b>
Old 05-08-2007, 05:17 PM

another poster already stated that it is what you want out of school.

You can get a good to great education at either place and party your brains out at either place as well.

I question my decision sometimes about going to notre dame and then realized i would not be where I am today with the nd experience and its people. Make college what you want

good luck
Old 06-29-2007, 03:53 PM

its problably about 50-50 just like the poll says, just make whatever deceision you think will make you happier, thats what really matters
Old 06-29-2007, 05:35 PM

If you're getting a full ride, USC, no contest. An undergraduate honors program at a large state school is really no less rigorous than an undergraduate education at an Ivy League school. The prestige of a school only begins to really matter when you're looking at graduate programs, or if you're planning to go into a scientific field and are looking at someplace like MIT or Caltech. I went to Cornell because of the "name", and have regretted it for years since there is a state school an hour away, SUNY-Binghamton, where I could've gotten just as good of an education for literally half or a third of the price. The first two years of college are basically the same anywhere, with a few exceptions, anyway. Go to Southern Cal, get in the Honors Program, and you won't be sorry you made that choice, I promise. Also, Southern California >>>>>> New Haven, CT. Your stress level will also be much lower, and you'll probably enjoy your college years more. At USC, you won't have to deal nearly as much with Type-A backstabbing academic vampires who would run over their own grandparents if it meant they got an A.

When it comes to undergraduate education, in general it doesn't really matter -where- you go. It's -how you do- when you're there.

--Scott
Old 06-29-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went to Cornell because of the "name", and have regretted it for years since there is a state school an hour away, SUNY-Binghamton, where I could've gotten just as good of an education for literally half or a third of the price. The first two years of college are basically the same anywhere, with a few exceptions, anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate hearing statements like this. did interacting with other students not contribute to your education at all? leaving aside the fact that Cornell probably had better lectures and more challenging coursework than SUNY, the student body there must have been more intelligent, more accomplished, and skewed towards more intellectual.