Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 01:53 PM

Default turned tptk on paired board, donked

villains are unknown
4 or 5 handed, I forget but it doesn't really matter

hero opens A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the CO, button folds, SB calls, BB calls

flop 6sb: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
check check bet call call

turn 4.5bb: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] SB leads out, BB folds, I call

river 6.5bb: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] SB bets, I raise planning on calling a 3bet

good/bad? should I be planning on folding to a 3bet?
what if the turn brought a flush draw?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: turned tptk on paired board, donked

I think you have to fold to a three bet, what worse hand three bets here?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:15 PM

I dunno but villain is unknown and the pot is big at that point. maybe a worse king will 3bet me
Old 06-29-2007, 02:22 PM

meh, i don't like the idea of calling a 3-bet either. since you don't think you can fold to it, i would just call the river
Old 06-29-2007, 02:28 PM

In these situations I always have trouble folding to the three bet and always get shown a 10. I get your argument, because I do the same at the table, but when he three bets I really don't think its a profitable call.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:48 PM

I think I have the best hand enough of the time that even if I call a 3bet and always lose it may still be +ev, but I'm not sure.

what do you guys put villain's donking range at? what if BB had folded the flop?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:51 PM

I think this is very often a T which wanted to slowplay and either (bad player case) lost his nerve on the turn or (good player case) realised that a lot of your hands contain a K and a bet might induce too much action from you.

Which is my way of saying that I don't raise the river. Zero value vs a bluff and pure loss versus a better hand.

Guy.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:52 PM

A king, 10, 5, 55, or QJ. Maybe not so much the 5 but mid pairs perhaps.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:23 PM

I think his range is heavily weighted towards a king, QJ a T or 55.

A 5 wants to see where they are at early, trying to drive out other hands in the process. It makes absolutly no sense to play it passivly when you may be ahead, then agressivly when a scare card comes?

To me this looks like a "I slowplay, but now, dont check behind, or plz raise me with your king" line.

I call down from the turn bet, because if he would lead all Kings or T's here ,it's equally likely that he has a T. I guess slightly more kings (cause of more kickers calling pre-flop).
I think it's a little more likely someone would play a T like this because they are trapping the feild, as opposed to isolating the field. Check/raising protects a king, while donking traps another player in the middle for a T.

Fold to a 3-bet if u do raise, the pot isn't that big.. and his range has a ton of better hands he's going to 3-bet.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:40 PM

Id just call I dont think u have enough value to raise in the first place truthfully, (becuz he has a monster here or air a ton)

but i dont think u should call a 3bet if u raise, people dont bet 3bet bluff or bet value3bet TP enough to justify it in this pot size (after his 3bet, about 11:1, i dont see a bluff or one pair after villains 3bet the river even close to 5% of the time). Plus sb will usually 3bet a hand like Kx GK preflop so its not like hes gonna have AK here often to begin with and its even less likely he ll 3bet ur river raise with it KQ KJ or K9.