Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: preflop hand selection

and yea i mean playing lots of hands, you'll hit more flops, but you'll miss more too, and you'll hit some that put you in crappy spots and you'll probably call down incorrectly a fair bit. remember that the main two ways we beat these low limit live games is to be tighter preflop than our opponents and also to be better postflop than them.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is true of online games, which are TAGGY and do not offer proper odds for these hands; however, in live games with many limpers, throwing away Qxs and Jxs on the button for one bet is likely leaving money on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, live games, particularly the low limit California card room games that rake the big blind at the start of a hand, make for a lot more limping in early position than games with lower rake or a no-flop, no drop policy (after all, why raise UTG with AA if its likely you will fold out the table and win only the SB? better to limp and re-raise if possible)...thus, in those games the preflop action tends to have many more players coming into the hand, and Q9s, JTs, 98s and low pocket pair hands get odds to play...
Old 06-29-2007, 11:40 AM

If someone were to say to me that they never play lower suited Q and J hands(esp OOP)I wouldn't fault them at all. Considering that at most low limit tables that people will play any Aces and Kings, these hands can at times be asking for trouble. I dont think one would be leaving too much $ on the table if they stuck to better suited hands for the most part.