Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 07:59 AM

Default AQo - BB

SB: 26.5/11/1.12 - 40 hands
UTG+2 : 80/4.8/total AF 0.31/turn AF 0.6/river AF 1.5

0.15/0.30 Fixed-Limit Hold'em <font color="blue">(9 handed)</font>
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="grey">UTG+1 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="grey">5 folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

<ul type="square">Should I 3bet PF ???[/list]Flop: (6.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, SB calls.

<ul type="square">Here is question what i should do ...
I dont need protect my hand from flush cus he will call even after SB makes cap and he still have good pot odds, and without flush draw flop is dry.
So if 1st sentence is right and i dont know if i have best hand and dont wanna to out my opponents if im ahead so best move here is just c/c flop, turn and river(river bet if no one bet)?[/list]Turn: (6.00 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="grey">UTG+2 folds</font>, SB calls.

River: (10.00 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12.00 BB
Old 06-29-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Re: AQo - BB

JJack,

You've been pretty busy posting hands today. It's generally considered courteous not to have more than two threads on the front page. Please check out our FAQ on Grunching and try responding to more hands.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:07 AM

ok
Old 06-29-2007, 09:14 AM

Only debateable street is preflop. If SB knows UTG+1 is a huge donk he is raising a lot so you have an easy 3-bet for value.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:20 AM

I like raising preflop. SB stats seem to indicate he that if he has a hand worth playing then he is raising...and that range should be quite wide in this spot. Having position on the SB is goot here. Raise.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:26 AM

If SB has a clue then he can see utg+2 is a fish and he may have a marginal good hand that he wants to knock you out to isolate utg+2. That widens his range, so you should 3bet preflop.

Flop raise looks good. Not sure about raising the turn with TPGK 3 way over someone who isn't an obvious donk, I usually don't. River looks OK.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only debateable street is preflop. If SB knows UTG+1 is a huge donk he is raising a lot so you have an easy 3-bet for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I played this hand right after PF?
Wasnt turn too aggressive with only one pair after SB donk bet?

Im still not sure passive play makes more +EV or less then like i have played
Old 06-29-2007, 09:59 AM

Against this villian and only this type of situation do i 3bet AQ from the blinds, this is a hand for me where its better served playing after the flop hits and your only real fears are an AK, Ks and As. I find myself either C/R the flop or the turn depending on the situation.....

That being said.....

Flop raise is a must with the FD out there and TPTK. Once he fires again at you then on the turn you have to consider his hands...im torn between a r/f and a call behind for the turn.
I like the raise because of the awful player acting behind you....either have him go away or call 2bets to do whatever he thinks he's doing... Only problem is that you could be possibly playing right into SB's monsters.

I would call behind but a raise there "might" be better.....
Old 06-29-2007, 10:22 AM

Post flop looks fine to me I wouldn't change a thing...

Preflop I would probably three bet this one b/c I think SB could have just about anything like q10 and is trying to iso-raise to get UTG+2 hu. AQ is more likely than not the best hand, only worried about AK AA KK, i guess an A could give you a tricky flop the Q is much easier to deal with
Old 06-29-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I played this hand right after PF?
Wasnt turn too aggressive with only one pair after SB donk bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Postflop play was perfecto.
Raising the turn is a must. What, you think a 9 helped him? Your bet also knocked out the third player, protecting your hand. You don't have "only one pair", you have TPTK on a board w/o flushes or straights right now. There are heck of a lot possible SB holdings that you are beating right now, and losing only to 4 hands. Put that value raise in. Which is also a protection raise. Well done.