Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 09:00 PM

Default TT vs good TAG

I've got 10k hands on villain and he's a 2+ BB/100 winner in my DB and he plays pretty well. When the Ace hit on the turn I was really hatin' life because I thought that I was either up against top pair or an overpair. I really didn't want to b/f but maybe that was the best line here. On the river I bet out because I was afeared that he'd check an overpair through.

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (7.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB
Old 06-28-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: TT vs good TAG

were you going to c/f turn?

i'd want to know if he caps light at all (then you could probably c/c turn, c/f river). river action is standard. what do you do on a river 7 or something? his river call of your 3-bet = -1 bet.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:15 PM

Well I don't really know if I was going to c/f or c/c. I probably would've and hell, if I call him on the turn I probably would've on the river. I think that this is bad though because I don't see how I'm ahead here enough. I don't have any read that he caps light so unless he's got 99 or KQs I don't see how I'm ahead. (I don't even know if he'd cap w KQs. I think I would've either c/f'd or called down if a blank fell on the river but c/f'd river if a Q or K fell.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:43 PM

i bet the turn and call down. I trust TAGs about that much unless I have a weak read on them.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:43 AM

I would much rather c/f than b/f in this spot. I dont know if you guys have the same experiences but IMO he is more likely to bluff raise a worse hand than bet it. When you check it looks a LOT like a "see you at SD" check.

Against an aggressive player who I know will cap KQ and low pps I would bet/call. If I am not really sure, like you are here I am c/c ing the turn and river. But I really dont like it when I call his river bet.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i bet the turn and call down. I trust TAGs about that much unless I have a weak read on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends what you mean by calldown but if three bets go in between the turn and river you're never winning here.

Who was the villain aargh?
Old 06-29-2007, 09:04 AM

Against a good TAG I c/f this and feel very weak doing it. Is a check call check fold line better in these situations? I just feel like what am I ahead of now that a good TAG caps pre-flop.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really get this? Not the concept, I mean the wording. What do you mean that you "trust TAGs about that much unless I have a weak read"?

BTW, hand was against Steinway.