Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: How can a single guy (30 years old) meet women these days?

aso, I like how you chose the ZeeJustin photoshop version of the Lee Hotti image. that was a nice touch. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just turned 30. Most of my friends have serious girlfriends now and are close to getting married or are married. ... I've never met a girl through school or everyday settings like a bookstore, grocery store etc.

Any advice for a 30 year old? Or any other 30 year olds in the same spot of being the last single guy in their group?

CLIFF NOTES: 30 year old needs to get laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried talking to one? I suspect not.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
aso, I like how you chose the ZeeJustin photoshop version of the Lee Hotti image. that was a nice touch. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

euro,

ty sir, i had it left over since i made it for a fun thread, oh so long ago [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you have to be a real pretty boy for that? Aren't women there basically judging you based on a picture?

I find women find me more appealing once they get to know me, and get a feel for my personality. I'm not the type of guy that is going to walk into a room and dominate with my physical appearance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some women love my look, some don't. I found online it's all about how funny/honest you come across and it doesn't hurt to have a picture with a dog. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I had a great time with online - met dozens (more than 100 maybe) of women, never had a bad experience, a lot of sex, couple relationships.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mostly use myspace or dating sites?
Old 06-29-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you have to be a real pretty boy for that? Aren't women there basically judging you based on a picture?

I find women find me more appealing once they get to know me, and get a feel for my personality. I'm not the type of guy that is going to walk into a room and dominate with my physical appearance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some women love my look, some don't. I found online it's all about how funny/honest you come across and it doesn't hurt to have a picture with a dog. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I had a great time with online - met dozens (more than 100 maybe) of women, never had a bad experience, a lot of sex, couple relationships.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mostly use myspace or dating sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lavalife.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:57 AM

I'm with guids on the sports thing. Women like sporty guys and sports gets them down to earth and reminds them of the, er, physical. Plus, you get to kill two birds with one stone -- get with some chick, and have them and you get your work-out out of the way.

What I'm getting at is actually doing sports that women can enjoy too, though. Luckily, there are two fantastic sports for that which you can actually start out of shape and continue in until you're pretty damn old, even getting better at it: tennis and golf.

Women can play both, and well enough to give you a reasonable game. Plus, they're both good games to play with another couple -- good stuff.

Plus, playing them is a great way to do business outside of the office. If you can hang with learning tennis and golf, you'll meet people all the time, men and women, and have a fun way to stay healthy and get femmes feeling a bit physical. Plus, in tennis, you get those shorty little skirts!
Old 06-29-2007, 01:32 AM

You want to get laid? Or you want to get laid by a chick you will want to do other stuff with over and over again?

After reading that whole post I still don't know what your goal is. I can see it being one of several.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
Old 06-29-2007, 01:36 AM

When I was 30 and in the exact same situation as you, I met someone through a softball team at work (I married her 3 years later). So those that suggested a sports team are correct.

I also had my married friends' wives hook me up with their friends. That also worked.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:45 AM

OP,

you had a lot of foresight to create this spare account so far in advance.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:19 AM

I'm 35, when I was around 30 and had just broken up with a long term GF, I signed up for some classes at the local community college. I'm pretty outgoing and somewhat of a class clown, and it worked wonders. I was being asked out by much younger women, most from the 21-26 age bracket. I highly recommend this, hell, if I ever break up with my current GF (whom I met while attending), I'd sign up for classes again.