Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2006, 03:28 PM

Default TT 5way

i think every street deserves attention.
UTG is solid tag
MP is unknown
CO LAGGY
BTN fishy

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (11 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG folds.

River: (12.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

especially the turn call is debatable. but: the pot is big, its 1 BB, UTG showed weakness by checking and laggy CO might just try to pick up the pot with anything. i might even still be ahead, although theres plenty of ugly river cards. i thought call turn and c/f any A K 9 or heart. b/c straight and c/c anything else
Old 03-02-2006, 04:01 PM

Default Re: TT 5way

I'd 3bet PF. UTG probably has 2 overs (or even A9), the rest could have anything. The 3 bet will also give you control of the hand, along with picking up 4SB's when you may have the best hand.

I would also 3 bet the flop. UTG could have 2 overs, or hit his 9. If he caps, then I'd start worrying about the overpair.

Lead the turn. You may be behind to the flush now, but you've picked up the 1 card UESD. If raised, then we've got a different decision.

I like the river, and your thinking behind it.

Oh yeah, and I spew goot, I'm sure
Old 03-02-2006, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd 3bet PF. UTG probably has 2 overs (or even A9), the rest could have anything. The 3 bet will also give you control of the hand, along with picking up 4SB's when you may have the best hand.

I would also 3 bet the flop. UTG could have 2 overs, or hit his 9. If he caps, then I'd start worrying about the overpair.

Lead the turn. You may be behind to the flush now, but you've picked up the 1 card UESD. If raised, then we've got a different decision.

I like the river, and your thinking behind it.

Oh yeah, and I spew goot, I'm sure

[/ QUOTE ]

when i read your first 2 paragraphs exactly the word spewy came to my mind [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
the reason for not 3betting PF was that my hand is very very vulnerable for any flop that contains a overcard, since so many ppl like their hand. thats why i wanted to wait until the flop to reevaluate
Old 03-02-2006, 04:15 PM

Preflop: Fine.

Flop: I like the bet. It was nice of UTG to raise it for you and then check-fold the turn. I guess on the flop he suspected you were betting a draw.

Turn: I wouldn't fold either.

River: I like the way you have a detailed plan, but I think I'd be less inclined to fold. If the LAG bet and Button folded, I'm not sure I'd fold any river card. Also, I might overcall on a non-heart. I wouldn't be thrilled to see an ace or king or 9, but the PFR is gone, the pot is big, and who knows what the LAG and fishy player hung around with on the very drawish flop.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:35 PM

perfect.