Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Should I kick my friend\'s ass for this?

I have experience with this and in the end it destroyed my friendship with the villian in my scenario. The difference is I ignored it and let them be. It really doesn't matter what happened in the long run, but I have some very good advice that should not be ignored by the OP/TS...
<1> KILL HIM IN COLD BLOOD WHILE HE'S STILL YOUR BEST FRIEND!
<2> Use your unlocked powers of Mangekyo Sharingan to dominate,( Poker, Roshambo, MMA, or whatever else as the world is your oyster).
<3> ???????
<4> Profit
Old 06-29-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, Uncle Mike, My buddy got Katie piss drunk last night and [censored] her rotten. Good times !!

You don't liquor up and [censored] your friends underage cousins while a guest on their vacation, because its simply Jerry Springer [censored].

What the [censored] is wrong with you?
All this psycho babble is just rationalization. This is a simple matter of respect among friends and family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Sometimes a bit of occam's razor is called for.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:50 AM

I thought I made a post about it earlier, but it isn't there and El Diablo hit it on the freaking head and all the righteous do-gooders in this thread have completely ignored the most important fact in this thread, IMO...

OP TOLD HIS BUDDY HE COULD RUN GAME ON HER. People want to blast the OP's friend, but what kind of guy are we giving the moral leeway to basically pimp out his cousin, then cockblock his buddy when he decides its time to play daddy?
Old 06-29-2007, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't mind the shots because at some point some drunk skank will turn on you and your parents will bring me (or my colleague) a $15,000 retainer to try to keep you from being spooned by A.C. while doing 4-6. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Look, I hate PC laws and PC thinking, but in the OP scenario, the friend is way out of line. Not even for trying to get the girl drunk, but because the OP is her guardian and the friend is putting the OP in a very [censored] position.

[/ QUOTE ]

What jurisdiction is that, that a dude is his cousin's legal guardian just because of this rather slim family bond? I'm not in the US so I don't know that legal system too well, but where I live, he's not. Only 1st and 2nd degree (i.e. parents and brothers/sisters) is usually considered a legal guardian just because of that family thingy. But cousin without any further circumstances? No.

I think that OP's friend is a douche, yeah. You just don't go on a family trip as a guest and start hitting on the girls there. And from OP's post I feel I can't judge the situation enough to conclude that he was really trying to get it on with her. Heavy flirting etc., yeah. But he wasn't touching and stuff, IIRC. So it's not like OP pulled him out of his cousin or something. So no need for an ass-whooping. Just tell him to let it be from now on.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm on vacation with my family, and brought a friend of mine with me on the trip

Last night, I took a nap for a little while, woke up, and got up to find my friend. I found him in my cousin's bedroom, sitting on the bed, talking to her. My cousin is 17, my buddy 21. My cousin was obviously getting drunk, my buddy was also obviously several drinks in

I quickly step in and get them out of the room together and up to the family room where I put on a movie. During the movie, my friend continues to offer my cousin drinks, and is obviously paying all his attention to her, she is obviously drunk at this point.

Near the end of the movie, my buddy gets up, asks her if she has a bottle of water in her room, and goes down to her room. I catch him sneak a peek towards her as he's walking down the stairs to see if she's following him.

I follow him down the stairs, and find him using the bathroom connected to my cousin's room. I tell him not to do anything [censored] up, and he just laughs. My cousin comes down the stairs a moment later, I walk out of the room, expecting my friend to follow me out. He instead stays behind and starts talking to her, leaning up against the wall, asking if she's about to go to sleep

I walk back into the room, say something along the lines of "Everybody here going to sleep?" and basically push my friend out of the room. He goes into the room he and I are staying in, I scold him for trying to take advantage of my underage cousin, he denies any wrongdoing, and gets into his bed. I stay up basically all night playing poker making sure he stays put all night, which he does

So far today, nothing has been said. Does he deserve an ass-kicking, or am I overreacting?

Cliff's notes: Friend on vacation feeds my 17 year old cousin drinks all night and tries to sleep with her. I prevent anything from happening but still want to kick his ass for it today. Justified?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds kind of like you're being a dick.

In all seriousness, you know you are wasting your time right? She's probably been [censored] already by others and if they want to hook up its only a matter of time.

Its like Die Hard, sure you can keep sending in bad guys to try and stop the Bruce, but there just comes a point where he's gonna win.

Also, why do guys deny what they are trying to do, like its completely obvious they are trying to hook up with someone and they say no no. Seriously its pretty [censored]-tarded.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given that I'm in the given age bracket, and you're way outside of it...i disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Given that you are in the given age bracket makes you far less desirable for rational, adult discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea that's a pretty retarded thing to say

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah? Whatever. I'm 43, married, two teenagers -- and you're, what, in your 20's? I'm smarter than you. Sue me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested in what you think about your daughter's sex life or more acurately: the selection process before a guy becomes a part of her sex life.
And it's not that I'm like "GAWD! POST PICS!!!111!" I'd just like to know what you think how your daughter would have handled that situation. What would her part in it be like? Completely passive or could you imagine that she actually would have some kind of active role in it? And how much do you think is actually wishfull thinking on your side?
Old 06-29-2007, 05:08 AM

I was kidding btw, well except for the part where if they really do want to hook up when sober, then they will.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:06 AM

236 posts and no cousin pic?

def tl;dr
Old 06-29-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just like to know what you think how your daughter would have handled that situation. What would her part in it be like? Completely passive or could you imagine that she actually would have some kind of active role in it? And how much do you think is actually wishfull thinking on your side?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no doubt that my daughter would act like any other post-puberty female. Get her drunk, and she will do things she wouldn't do sober. I can only hope that if this ever happens, her brother, friends, brother's friends, etc. will be there like OP was.

Obviously, a little education from her mother and me about these possibilities can't hurt, but I doubt they would have as much effect as someone her age stopping her.

As for wishful thinking, I have no irrational misconceptions that my daughter is any different than any other teenage girl.