[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh My.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

[ QUOTE ]

Posted on wwe.com "Pressure Too Much?"

Benoit’s son suffered from Fragile X Syndrome; speculation over whether pressure was too much
Written: June 27, 2007WWE.com learned from an interview conducted Tuesday by Vancouver’s News1130 that Chris Benoit’s son Daniel possibly suffered from Fragile X Syndrome, a genetically passed-on condition that results in impairments ranging from physical and learning disabilities, to more severe cognitive or intellectual disabilities.

In the interview with News1130, Pam Winthrope, whose own 12-year-old son suffers from Fragile X Syndrome, recounted how she and her husband talked to Benoit about the condition five years ago.

“We talked to him because I was trying to set up a support group in B.C. and in Canada; we only have a couple of them,” she said. “My husband was struggling when we got diagnosed with our son, and Chris was struggling with his. They talked for a few minutes, and then he said he didn’t want to be a public face for Fragile X. He just wanted to keep it really, really quiet.”

A source close to Benoit recalls similar conversations with him, where he described his son’s condition as “a learning disability much like autism.” This source quotes Benoit as saying “Daniel wasn’t capable of interacting with other children and was afraid of other children. Daniel also had a hard time making eye contact with everyone, which was another symptom of his disability.” Benoit also claimed that his son was on medication for this condition.

Winthrope discussed the pressures facing parents of children diagnosed with Fragile X syndrome. During her interview with News1130, she stated that families can be torn apart by the disease because it's very difficult to find help and support. Winthrope added, "You as a parent have to go out there and find what's available and it's not easy -- they don't tell you."

A co-worker and long-time friend of the Benoits speculates that perhaps the pressures of home and Daniel’s illness had gotten to him, causing him to snap and take the lives of his wife and son before taking his own.

“Is it possible that after Chris killed Nancy (for whatever reason), he felt Daniel wouldn't be able to get the care and attention he required as a special needs child (if that is indeed true) with no mother and a father either in jail or dead? Did he then decide that the only way he could protect and take care of his son was to take him to the next world and go with him? In his warped and twisted state, did he think this was the only way to shield his son from a difficult life of pain and hardship? It doesn't condone or justify a damn thing, but it's the best reason I can think of. I'm trying to put together some semblance of logic for his actions, but it's an impossible task trying to explain this.”

[/ QUOTE ]

who wrote this crap? Its one thing for a random fan to make these kinds of speculations, but when WWE does it, this just sounds like its being trivialized into another ridiculous angle.

I agree with the sensible posters around here, who say that its a combination of all the things being discussed in the thread (except Arnold's BF% in 1972).

-Steroids (and possible other performance enhancing drugs)
-Stress of life on the road
-trouble in his marriage
-Stress of having a developmentally disabled child
-Untreated depression (not medically confirmed, but it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch, especially in hindsight)
-Some sort of psychotic break (I don't believe someone can live in normal society for forty years without being institutionalized being this psychotic all along)

As much as I'm for people having accountability and taking responsibility for their mistakes, this behavior is just so off the charts, that I can't (or don't want to) believe that murdering his wife and disabled seven year old son is a choice that Chris Benoit consciously made.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Posted on wwe.com "Pressure Too Much?"

Benoit’s son suffered from Fragile X Syndrome; speculation over whether pressure was too much
Written: June 27, 2007WWE.com learned from an interview conducted Tuesday by Vancouver’s News1130 that Chris Benoit’s son Daniel possibly suffered from Fragile X Syndrome, a genetically passed-on condition that results in impairments ranging from physical and learning disabilities, to more severe cognitive or intellectual disabilities.

In the interview with News1130, Pam Winthrope, whose own 12-year-old son suffers from Fragile X Syndrome, recounted how she and her husband talked to Benoit about the condition five years ago.

“We talked to him because I was trying to set up a support group in B.C. and in Canada; we only have a couple of them,” she said. “My husband was struggling when we got diagnosed with our son, and Chris was struggling with his. They talked for a few minutes, and then he said he didn’t want to be a public face for Fragile X. He just wanted to keep it really, really quiet.”

A source close to Benoit recalls similar conversations with him, where he described his son’s condition as “a learning disability much like autism.” This source quotes Benoit as saying “Daniel wasn’t capable of interacting with other children and was afraid of other children. Daniel also had a hard time making eye contact with everyone, which was another symptom of his disability.” Benoit also claimed that his son was on medication for this condition.

Winthrope discussed the pressures facing parents of children diagnosed with Fragile X syndrome. During her interview with News1130, she stated that families can be torn apart by the disease because it's very difficult to find help and support. Winthrope added, "You as a parent have to go out there and find what's available and it's not easy -- they don't tell you."

A co-worker and long-time friend of the Benoits speculates that perhaps the pressures of home and Daniel’s illness had gotten to him, causing him to snap and take the lives of his wife and son before taking his own.

“Is it possible that after Chris killed Nancy (for whatever reason), he felt Daniel wouldn't be able to get the care and attention he required as a special needs child (if that is indeed true) with no mother and a father either in jail or dead? Did he then decide that the only way he could protect and take care of his son was to take him to the next world and go with him? In his warped and twisted state, did he think this was the only way to shield his son from a difficult life of pain and hardship? It doesn't condone or justify a damn thing, but it's the best reason I can think of. I'm trying to put together some semblance of logic for his actions, but it's an impossible task trying to explain this.”

[/ QUOTE ]

who wrote this crap? Its one thing for a random fan to make these kinds of speculations, but when WWE does it, this just sounds like its being trivialized into another ridiculous angle.

I agree with the sensible posters around here, who say that its a combination of all the things being discussed in the thread (except Arnold's BF% in 1972).

-Steroids (and possible other performance enhancing drugs)
-Stress of life on the road
-trouble in his marriage
-Stress of having a developmentally disabled child
-Untreated depression (not medically confirmed, but it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch, especially in hindsight)
-Some sort of psychotic break (I don't believe someone can live in normal society for forty years without being institutionalized being this psychotic all along)

As much as I'm for people having accountability and taking responsibility for their mistakes, this behavior is just so off the charts, that I can't (or don't want to) believe that murdering his wife and disabled seven year old son is a choice that Chris Benoit consciously made.

[/ QUOTE ] This pretty much sums up my thoughts.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:24 PM

Wow, this thread has really blown up.. shame I didn't find it a couple of days ago so I could follow here, but I'm finally up-to-date. For the record, the majority of posters for the last two pages are total [censored] douchebags, what a waste of time reading that [censored] was. Go make another thread about popping roids and pumping iron, jesus.

I watched quite a lot of WCW/WWF from 92-01 and Chris was always one of my favourite performers, main reason was that to me he seemed batshit insane and probably took the "sport" a little more seriously than some others. He had that Shamrock-esque blowing-up kind of mentality in the ring and made for great entertainment.
Whilst I was stunned to hear what had happened, was I surprised? Not really. Benoit had always struck me as the kinda guy who was naturally aggressive and always seemed to have that certain crazed look in his eye.. Good acting, or just a guy who's [censored] crazy? The evidence points to the latter.
Besides, the wrestling business has always been full of sick degens, I remember reading a huge-ass wrestling thread about some of the [censored] these guys (heroes to some) had done over the years and some of it was pretty sickening (wife-beaters, sex with minors etc.). Pretty sure most wrestling fans know the one I'm talking about. So to the WWF, who are trying to cover their arses, don't bother, you guys never had a reputation to defend in the first place.

Anyway, thanks to those in the thread who made valid points and provided some detailed information, and thanks to the other idiots for allowing me to ignore you now before I have to read anymore of your bs. Just because you live in OOT, doesn't mean you have to respond to every thread. kthxbye.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too soon?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh and this is [censored] awesome.

- Former Chris Benoit fanboy.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:26 PM

benoit would have liked our discussion. and this is OOT, its like our job to derail [censored].
Old 06-28-2007, 11:53 PM

just to keep the thead on track since thats sooooooo important :

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/28/wrestler.ap/index.html

wiki posting turning up the heat
Old 06-29-2007, 12:18 AM

I love all the douchebags coming in the last few pages to call other people douchebags.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love all the douchebags coming in the last few pages to call other people douchebags.

[/ QUOTE ]

you douchebag