Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: NBA draft disccusion thread

[ QUOTE ]
Evan,

Just tell me, what does he give you that you don't have? Like basically he's what would happen if you combined Ben Wallace and Andrew Noccioni in some fushion reactor.

I don't think Hawes would have been a great fit for the Bulls either. Then don't have time to develop him. I think the smartest thing might have been to trade for an adult or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why Nocioni?? He's kind of like B. Wallace but I don't see the Nocioni at all. Wallace is getting older first of all and is great tradebait for during the season.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe Portland is taking on Steve Francis. That's unbelievable to me. Pritchard's lack of sleep in the past two weeks is showing.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to this ESPN report Portland is planning on buying out Francis' contract this summer, so it's a salary cap move to get rid of Randolf's big salary. Still, just clearing cap space and picking up Channing Fry doesn't seem like real great value for Randolf (but maybe that is the best they could get).
Old 06-28-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Evan,

Just tell me, what does he give you that you don't have? Like basically he's what would happen if you combined Ben Wallace and Andrew Noccioni in some fushion reactor.

I don't think Hawes would have been a great fit for the Bulls either. Then don't have time to develop him. I think the smartest thing might have been to trade for an adult or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why Nocioni?? He's kind of like B. Wallace but I don't see the Nocioni at all. Wallace is getting older first of all and is great tradebait for during the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noah and Nocioni have the same utterly spastic annoying hustle quality about them.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:04 PM

nocioni can shoot
Old 06-28-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Evan,

[/ QUOTE ]

good question. he does duplicate stuff that the bulls already have. however, those things he duplicates are hussle, rebounding and shot blocking. how could it be bad to have more of that stuff?

he'll be a great 6/7th man, energy off the bench kind of guy. and he seems like a great team guy, so there's virtually no chance of him [censored] up the team chemistry. the bulls really needed post scoring and he doesn't really address that need. maybe they'll be able to get fazekas with the 51st pick, i dunno.

now that i think about it, it also gives the bulls more freedom to potentially move wallace (not that anybody would want him or his contract).

i guess all i'm saying is that they bulls could have definitely made a worse pick, and that i think noah is a guy who can contribute in a positive way immediately. and not that it really matters, but this kid had a great chance to be the #1 pick last year.

in any case, its an exciting time to be a bulls fan. i feel like we're one big free agent away.

edit: i wish we had gotten randolph, somehow.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wish my name was Tiago Splitter

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-28-2007, 10:07 PM

[censored], i thought the knicks were able to dump jerome james in this one...damnit, randolph has a hefty contract and he's going to be splitting the low post with curry, who's as fat as his contract...

at least francis is gone, that guy just cannot get it done...
Old 06-28-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

in any case, its an exciting time to be a bulls fan. i feel like we're one big free agent away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasnt that the case last year?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wish my name was Tiago Splitter

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think the Lakers should've picked him and traded Bynum/Odom for J'Oneal. Of course they're probably still holding out for getting KG but... come on.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasnt that the case last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe, but we picked the wrong one ^_-