Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Is it wrong for me to tilt nitty players after bad beats?

Okay i wrote some threads about full ring nits that i hate. Yes the nit hating. I play on full tilt full ring 50NL and i notice a couple of players who i put a note on that they are super tight. Like not playing their Aces for value much when they get raised. But whenever i see them in a big pot where there is an all in and a call, they almost ALWAYS have the nuts.

So i watched this player and the flop came something like
83Q and there were 3 players in it. The turn came a queen and one player donk bets and the tighty goes all in and one other player called... he had 1 dollar left so he was committed. The donk bettor then took some time and called and showed Q10 while the short stacker had like J8 or something like that.

When the river came a Queen, the nitty player just scrreams on the board WP! You called with Q10. I wasn't sure if this was a raised pot or not but when the nitty player went all in , i was putting him on kQ maybe. He's in disgust and talks typing a few more lines while the guy who sucked out said sorry.

I know its wrong to make jokes at bad beats but I feel like tight nitty players need to take some bad beats. They are so tight and the loose players always pay them off. When they go all in preflop, they always have AA... those players i noted. They love playing sets and play Aces like a chicken when get action.

I feel like typing lol thats what you get for being a tight nit. Seriously, most average tag players and loose players get bad beats all the time. Nits rarely get bad beats and I feel like saying loosen up tighty. It's like they will never get a bad beat so i feel everyone should take one. But the thing about nits is that when they do get bad beated like this example, they go on such a heater and say Well Played! but i know inside of them they are really angry and just try to do that to ease the pain

Am i evil for thinking this because of nits since they never go all in without the nuts? I love it when i hit top set somethings and they have middel set on a AJ8 board and they think I am stacking off to them then i want to go lol, stop going for sets. I just top set you , you nitty player

I feel like a bad person for these thoughts about nits because they never take a risk. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Is it wrong for me to tilt nitty players after bad beats?

If you dont like nitty players because you think their style is bad, is one thing but what you are saying sounds more like hate because they dont get stacked whey you think they should!!

adjust to their style and try to make money off their nityness if you can but dont be jealouse when they get paid off by the donks!!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:49 PM

I'd have to suggest a good therapist. You're obsessed with nits and it's kind of scary...
Old 06-28-2007, 09:49 PM

I don't understand your examples

1) On turn board reads QQ83 and the nit that only goes allin with the nuts somehow doesn't have a Q in his hand and the case Q hits the board on the river, so the what did the nit have? The case 2 8's.

Also a nit that shoves that turn prays to be called by a Q there (assuming the nit has a boat)

2) Again, he goes allin without the nutes even though

[ QUOTE ]
they never go all in without the nuts

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-28-2007, 09:50 PM

It doesnt matter if there a nit or not, if i see someone abusing a donk i start abusing him back and stick up for the donk. It's also good to get try the player if he plans on reloading, so if the player has really annoyd me i keep jabbing at him through the session and pass comment every time he loses a pot. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I wont have anyone trying too de-rail my money train. Donk-abusing is the worst thing a good player can do - well telling them about poker books and 2+2 is the worst thing they can do, but abusing them is stil pretty bad.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:00 PM

I'll tell you what to do when a nit takes a bad beat - Tell the other guy nice hand and really mean it and don;t let the nit tell him he got lucky!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:00 PM

I'd let it be.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:19 PM

yes the nit had 88. Actually the river was a 3 and it counterfeited the nits full house.

Let me just say this. The last week or so i tried to play like a nit but i just couldn't do it. The idea of folding everything but Aces, Kings and pocket pairs just didn't do it for me. When i tell myself okay this sesion i will play like a nit... i never do because i LOVE raising. I can't stop myself from raising from junk everytime near the button.

Hey Yes i do do that. When the nit takes a bad beat, i tell the other guy nice hand all the time. I try to do that to make a nit TILT but unfortunately nits don't have the courage to tilt b/c they are too chicken. I hope that they will play back at me when i have the nuts but unfortunately they have good self control. I wished i had that trait all the time since I tilt all the time. The nit just get mad and left the table.

Yea i know what you guys mean by saying let it be but I just don't like nits. Hey i see what you mean by abusing BUT i am abusing good nitty players. They are not donks at all. If they are donkeys, i close my mouth.. i am not that stupid. Is abusing the Good nitty players bad then?