Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Why can\'t I be free?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone give me a reason why I can't be free?

Is it because of the global warmings? Is it because there is a Mexican Southerner Spaniard German Japanese Russian Korean Vietnamese Arab under my bed? Is it because of spam in my mailbox? Is it because of poor people? Is it because of sick people? Is it because I'm a danger to myself? Is it because of the children? Is it because of AIDS? Is it because of a man on the moon? Is it because of fires in my house? Or because of lighthouses on the shore? Or is it that I wasn't born in the right place? Maybe it's because of the Bald Eagle or the Tasmanian Tiger.

Please, tell me: why can't I be free?

[/ QUOTE ]
Human nature has hosed you. If DCism were implemented, it would inevitably evolve into government. Again, I mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's Jogger for you, always the cynic. I prefer a brighter outlook, one filled with Arby's Melts and mozzarella sticks. A world where $5 can get you two meals (provided you own a refridgerator). A world where men are judged not by the color of their skin by their tolerance for melted chedder. Indeed, a world where, if one Arby's isn't clean, you're free to go to the next one, hopefully right next door, because let's face it, if there isn't an Arby's within walking distance, is that really a world worth waking up in.

C'mon Jogger, cast of the chains of the state and swear loyalty to our new masters: Beef and Chedder and the discontinued (but omnipresent) Big Montana.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]
It's the Beef 'n Cheddar, not "and"! No Jamoca for you!
[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU SON OF A BITCH!!! I worked all day on the farm, certainly my labor is worth something. Oh and please don't put this on my credit report, if I can't get an Arby's Mastercard, I'm gonna kill myself.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]
It's time to reveal a dark secret: it was <u>I</u> who pulled the Big Montana from the menu, <u>I</u>, who you thought was powerless and weak, yet who deprived you of that big Roast Beef taste, <u>I</u> who destroyed the propect of giant roast beef sandwiches from the future, <u>I</u> who will shut off the delicious flow of Jamoca to your cups, forevermore.

Arby's is doomed.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is it because of the global warmings? Is it because there is a Mexican Southerner Spaniard German Japanese Russian Korean Vietnamese Arab under my bed? Is it because of spam in my mailbox? Is it because of poor people? Is it because of sick people? Is it because I'm a danger to myself? Is it because of the children? Is it because of AIDS? Is it because of a man on the moon? Is it because of fires in my house? Or because of lighthouses on the shore? Or is it that I wasn't born in the right place? Maybe it's because of the Bald Eagle or the Tasmanian Tiger.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is because human beings are not yet civilized.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be such a glass-half empty guy. You got plenty of freedom. You can post on the internet, you can play poker. You got it pretty good. You could have been born in, say, Sudan, and not had such a good life. Are things perfect? No, of course not. Get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the correct amount of freedom that he should have?

What is the correct amount for me?

How do you calculate this?
Old 06-28-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's because people don't know what's good for them, and the world will end if they have choices. Well, except for me of course.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you're being sarcastic, but this is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's almost true. They think their world will become unmanageable and are afraid of that, as well as the unknown in general.

I think we should have a government with one sole purpose. To distribute an unlimited supply of Xanax. Problem solved.

Another big reason is the lack of personal responsibility. There are a lot of people disallusioned with government but most think they are helpless to do anything about it. They think they are supposed to take whatever is dished out to them. They are conditioned into being slaves.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:36 PM

Depends on how you look at it. I would say that even if one were ok with the status quo, he/she doesn't have to just settle with ok. You can always improve, or be on the lookout that would make things worse. Because we don't like in a static world, I'd just like to make sure we're headed in a good direction.

Yes, people have made advancements, and we can't ignore that (I am aware I don't live in the Middle East), but we can still improve. Because we can.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:48 PM

you are not free because murder raffles are illegal
Old 06-28-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be free because you don't realize that freedom is a choice that you make. It is not something that can be granted or taken away by an authority.

So really, you can have freedom, if you want it.

"Nothing is more disgusting than the crowing about liberty by slaves, as most men are, and the flippant mistaking for freedom of some paper preamble like a Declaration of Independence, or the statute right to vote, by those who have never dared to think or to act." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 06-28-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be such a glass-half empty guy. You got plenty of freedom. You can post on the internet, you can play poker. You got it pretty good. You could have been born in, say, Sudan, and not had such a good life. Are things perfect? No, of course not. Get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a BS answer, and if you think you're going to teach Nielso something with it, you are mistaken. Someone who has "plenty of freedom" is a slave, and guys like Nielso and I realize this, so all your argument boils down to is, "you're a slave, get over it."
Old 06-28-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the correct amount of freedom that he should have?

What is the correct amount for me?

How do you calculate this?

[/ QUOTE ]

3 6 and using complex analysis wher eyou have to work with both infinitesimals and hyper-reals.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Youtube version (me)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfsWnEVpjxM
Closed Thread