Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Is this a good gamble (Neteller related)

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for talking me out of this one guys...this unfolded nothing like i had imagined

[/ QUOTE ]

Since this was originally posted on Jan 30, 2007, care to finish the story?

Did your friend get all his $600 from Mansion and Neteller?
Old 05-26-2007, 12:59 PM

What are you missing?? Friends don't make money, at least not 30%, off of friends when dealing with cash. Products are a different story as long as your friend doesn't lose anything. If a person is really a friend you just don't do it. I am glad the poster decided not too.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you missing?? Friends don't make money, at least not 30%, off of friends when dealing with cash. Products are a different story as long as your friend doesn't lose anything. If a person is really a friend you just don't do it. I am glad the poster decided not too.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time of the original post the guy thought me might lose all his money on Neteller (there must be still some chance he doesn't receive any money). The OP offered to assume the risk of NT not paying out in return for a small fee.

I think the OP was doing his friend a favour.

He certainly shouldn't be flamed.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:29 PM

So all you people saying he's not being a friend...should he just offer to take it for 100% face value? Is that what a "real" friend should do? ...you guys are ridiculous.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:45 AM

Yeah seriously, think about it from the other friends point of view. "Hey, I'll sell you all my money, that's worthless to me since i can't access it and it might end up seized. I'll take 100% of face value and hope you don't get screwed."

I'd almost feel bad selling it, even at 70%, to anyone that doesn't suck, especially a friend. If you really wanted that risk i might let you have it. Just so long as you understood it's not my problem if your money get's seized.

Can you play with all 600$ of it? Maybe work out some deal where you borrow the money, and if it ever is available for cashout then pay him back and keep your winnings. I'd have to think about how to handle losses though.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:49 PM

Forgot about this thread....

I think my friend said Masion money was rec'd but Neteller as we know is still in limbo. (I think someone asked what happened)

yeah, I was really trying to do the guy a favor. 70% was about as fair a number I could think of it at time of original post. Looking back, 70 was too high of a number. But with the flaming of how big a bastard I was, I told him it wouldn't be right and for him to just wait til he gets it. Funny thing is I probably look more of a bastard for saying that! lol.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:59 PM

you weren't. Those people just weren't seeing the whole picture. I offered a similar deal to sell my neteller account to a friend. He figured it wasn't any worse than keeping the same amount of cash sitting in his closet. Plus EVENTUALLY he'd make 200$. That's 15% interest!

Anyway, then i found out it would only be another month, so i decided to keep my money. But now i'm thinking i probably could have made back my expense and more if id been playing all this time.