Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Worst first post ever?
Absolutely 31 56.36%
most likely 24 43.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Re: the weak KQo in Full Ring

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Depends on the table, the limpers, who's behind, but basically if someone raises you obv. you have to dump, if someone cold calls you have to proceed with caution cause you could be dominated.

But if you are careful you will probably win more than you'll lose by raising OR limping if you are up against worse players. If not, then fold...

This is called a "trap hand" but I think as long as you are up against people who have limp/called rather than raised you are more likely to be the dominator than the dominatee.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you summed it up well. This is the type of hand that takes careful thought each time before making an action. You have to think about all variables ahead of time, otherwise you are only going to get it right part of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure we dominate much that calls a raise here. What we do have though, is position, fold equity and the lead. All of these could be taken away from us, so we need to be careful who is left to act.

Limping can be worse as we either let the blinds into the hand cheap or invite someone to take the lead with position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah limping probably is worse mostly because you are inviting a multi-way pot where KQo doesn't fair so well, but if you are at a table where you can easily detect if you are ahead or behind you can probably still manage to to be profitable, but raising is probably better.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: the weak KQo in Full Ring

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Depends on the table, the limpers, who's behind, but basically if someone raises you obv. you have to dump, if someone cold calls you have to proceed with caution cause you could be dominated.

But if you are careful you will probably win more than you'll lose by raising OR limping if you are up against worse players. If not, then fold...

This is called a "trap hand" but I think as long as you are up against people who have limp/called rather than raised you are more likely to be the dominator than the dominatee.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you summed it up well. This is the type of hand that takes careful thought each time before making an action. You have to think about all variables ahead of time, otherwise you are only going to get it right part of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure we dominate much that calls a raise here. What we do have though, is position, fold equity and the lead. All of these could be taken away from us, so we need to be careful who is left to act.

Limping can be worse as we either let the blinds into the hand cheap or invite someone to take the lead with position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah limping probably is worse mostly because you are inviting a multi-way pot where KQo doesn't fair so well, but if you are at a table where you can easily detect if you are ahead or behind you can probably still manage to to be profitable, but raising is probably better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising puts more money into the pot with a hand that doesn't like a large pot. This goes back and forth. It depends on the players what type of pot you want to play. A multiway pot may be the best result.