Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Ask me about my lunch - Qdoba vs. Baja Fresh - I had both! (Brag)

[ QUOTE ]

Chipotle is owned by McDonalds, so obv. not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize qdoba is owned by jack in the box, right?
Old 06-28-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Chipotle is owned by McDonalds, so obv. not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize qdoba is owned by jack in the box, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

JITB >>>>>>>> McDs
Old 06-28-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uuuuhhh, if you're living in Texas and you eat at any of those places you should be shot. Also, if you're from Texas and actually consider any of those Mexican food you should be shot. Those places are for people not living in Texas who don't have access to real Mexican food.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you kidding? i live in texas, and when you eat mexican food 5 times a week, eating a qdoba is perfectly fine. Qdoba is like 12 times better than baja fresh. and chipotle, while good, isn't on the same level. Freebirds is gay and i hate it.

As to my Dallas friend, i lived in the exact same area as you and the qdoba on lovers is much better than the qdoba on mckinney.

As for straight up mexican food.......try avila's on maple down by Bob's. Look it up if you don't know what I am talking about. It is in the ghetto and is a really tiny place, but a bunch of rich people go there and it is really really really really good. i recommend fajita enchiladas.

And as for all the qdoba haters, get the chicken queso burrito and report back. If you still don't like it then i don't like you.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:31 PM

Ate quesadilla from Qdoba for lunch today. It put me out of commission. Had to take a nap under my desk at work.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:02 PM

I too, live in Dallas, and have eaten at each establishment at least twice.

First off, good god, there is NOOOO good 'mexican' food in Dallas. Like zero. There is tex-mex, and there is tex-mex and there is tex-mex. Pouring queso on a tortilla with beans and meat and cheese in it does not = mexican food. I asked for green chili at the grocery store the other day and no one knew what i was talking about. Going to On the Border or Chuuy's or Gloria's or anything that claims to be Mexican down here, while it can be good, is not Mexican and gets old. Denver has better mexican food than Dallas. /rant

Ok, now onto the comparison....

In my opinion it goes Chipotle>>Qdoba>>>>>>Baja Fresh>Freebirds

Chipotle is plain out the most fresh option with the best flavor in their salsas. Qdoba gets huge points for what is great queso, and their ranchero sauce is tasty, and their fajita veggies are better. However, their tortillas are heavy and get gross quite easily, their roast chili corn is FAR inferior to Chipotle's, and their guac tasts like something I could get out of a prepackaged case at your local grocer.

Their meat isn't much different than Chipotle, but Chipotle's chicken always is fresher and better seasoned and never overcooked.

Chipotle's roast chili corn is the best burrito salsa probably ever. It has the perfect amount of cilantro, some sort of great seasoning that gives the burrito a great mixture of sweet and spicy.

I ramble, but a Chipotle burrito bowl with rice, chicken, fajita veggies, no beans, all 4 salsas, a little sour cream and lettuce is the best QSR meal available IMO. Qdoba's queso burrito gets a quick second. NONE of the salsas at Freebirds or Baja Fresh can touch Chipotle/Qdoba. If you go to get burritos for the meat/cheese/tortilla combos, or nacho possibilites, or whatever, I guess the other two would be closer. But for someone who gets burritos for the overall flavor of fresh ingredients blended together to create greatness, Chipotle is, in my opinion the clear winner.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:12 PM

There is a place in Minneapolis called Burrito Loco that has the best [censored] burritos ever. Never had Qdoba or Baja Fresh but Burrito Loco>Chipotle.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pouring queso on a tortilla with beans and meat and cheese in it does not = mexican food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree
Old 06-28-2007, 06:41 PM

Baja Fresh's Guac is pretty solid.