Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Questions about rakeback at FTP

Some sites talk about uninstalling FTP software, deleting cookies, and creating a new account to get rakeback. Others tell me if i already have an account i'm out of luck. Yet others tell me to install the software, deposit money, and then log in to their rakeback site with my FTP info.

From user RakeReduction on rake forum: "You are allowed to make a new account for real money if you never played for real money before. Just make sure you clear cookies and uninstall.. To make 100% sure, maybe do the initial sign up from a new PC." I've made an account on fulltiltpoker.com not the .net version and have never played for real money or deposited any money. Should I try following the above user's suggestion?

I'm assuming the only way to get rakeback is to fill in the bonus code upon first making a FTP account as shown in the image below. Is this right?

Also, why do people still play on FTP without rakeback? And how does pokerstars still get customers without rakeback? do the FPP bonuses on pokerstars make up for it? Is rake an important factor in choosing a poker room for a beginning micro stakes player? I'm debating whether to start playing on pokerstars where I have played all of my play money games and have enjoyed the software or some site that offers rake like FTP, but has small cards and annoying sounds. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Also, I understand that rake is a certain portion of the pot set aside for the website after the flop in a cash game. In a STT or MTT it's the entry fee on top of the buy-in. How exactly is the rakeback given back to you? Is it automatically returned to your account on a daily or weekly basis? I keep reading about cashouts and don't understand what they mean with regards to rakeback.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2007, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Questions about rakeback at FTP

Rake is probaly only really useful for NL 50 players and above.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rake is probaly only really useful for NL 50 players and above.

[/ QUOTE ]
shhhh.... rake back is useful for anyone not wanting to give away 10% of there winnings.

You can not add rake back to a current account, and also FTP does not allow for multipile accounts in the same name. Once they catch on they will close the accounts and usually do not allow you to deposit money onto it.

You could use a trusted friends name and adress...
Old 06-28-2007, 10:29 AM

Read the Affiliates/Rakeback forum on this site, this will help answer a lot of your questions.

Technically speaking, Full Tilt no longer allows existing players to switch to a rakeback account. This means that if you already have an account with FTP, you cannot switch it over or create a new one in order to get rakeback. I'm not saying it's impossible to do that, just that FTP officially disallows it and will delete your new account if they catch you doing it.

FTP does have a couple of staff members who regularly post here in The Zoo (Internet forum), answering questions, giving updates on what's going on at the site, and soliciting suggestions for improvements. Allowing existing players to change over to rakeback accounts is one of the most requested changes, and it's possible that they will work something out again in the future.

[ QUOTE ]
why do people still play on FTP without rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people aren't aware that rakeback even exists. Others know it's out there, but just prefer the site for whatever reason & don't want to go through the effort of creating a rakeback account there or elsewhere. And there are probably a few people out there who are just stubborn & believe that rakeback somehow cheapens their winnings.

[ QUOTE ]
how does pokerstars still get customers without rakeback? do the FPP bonuses on pokerstars make up for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars has, far and away, the best customer support and most player-friendly setup of any major online site. For U.S. players the game selection is the best available, the games at most stakes are among the softest online, and yes, once you achieve Supernova status or above, the FPP system can equal or surpass what you'd get from a standard rakeback deal at most other sites.

[ QUOTE ]
Is rake an important factor in choosing a poker room for a beginning micro stakes player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the most important factor, no, but it's something to consider. Besides which, if you're a successful (winning) micro stakes player, then eventually you'll be moving up to small stakes & higher, where rakeback will have a bigger effect on your overall earn rate.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm debating whether to start playing on pokerstars where I have played all of my play money games and have enjoyed the software or some site that offers rake like FTP, but has small cards and annoying sounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sounds can be easily turned off using the site's software, and there are numerous graphics mods available online to make their cards bigger or whatever. Sift through the Software forum a bit to see some of what's available.

[ QUOTE ]
How exactly is the rakeback given back to you? Is it automatically returned to your account on a daily or weekly basis? I keep reading about cashouts and don't understand what they mean with regards to rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it depends on the affiliate you sign up with. My affiliate simply holds my rakeback for me until I request a cashout, and provides a website both to check my balance and make requests. When I do request a cashout, I'm given the option of cashing out via Neteller (not an option for me anymore, of course), epassporte, or directly into my account on FTP or other sites.

One thing to stress about FTP & rakeback, however--FTP deducts everything from your MGR, which is the number your affiliate uses to determine your rakeback. If you clear a bonus, FTP deducts that amount. If you enter a tournament with overlay (guaranteed prize pool that exceeds the actual entry money), FTP deducts your estimated share of that overlay. If you spend FPPs on merchandise, FTP deducts the value of those points. Right now, for example, my FTP rakeback account has -$68 in it because of these things (primarily because I just ordered a 70k point digital camera & recently cashed out my rakeback). You can still make decent money thru rakeback there, especially if you play higher stakes, but it's something to keep in mind & yet another reason why some people prefer to play on Stars with no rakeback.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:52 AM

Harv72b great post, I was wondering about a lot of that too.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:01 PM

thx for the informative post.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:02 PM

I recently made a new account on FTP using a different name, but the same address and credit card to deposit. I wanted to take full advantage of rakeback, what is the chance that my account gets deleted??? Could't someone argue that it's an account for a family memeber?