Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Revisiting the Forum Split Idea

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plz split. The advice given by guys who play NL100 and above for lower level hands is really bad. You guys aren't competent to play that level, so shut up or split.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL I love this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol seriously
Old 06-28-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but you are correct that the first several are definitely higher limits right now. Think that's mainly due to the fewer number of recreational players (who are also frequently playing lower limits) on during the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make the point that at nighttime there are more uNL posts.

This makes it hard on the ssNL players to sift through. And because of the difference in players between these 2 groups, I honestly don't feel comfortable giving advice. I feel just like Mr. D when he says "It's $10! Arrrrr in!!!"
Old 06-28-2007, 12:51 PM

It seems pretty pointless as the strategy between the $100 NL is not that different from the rest, IMO. Even $200 is pretty standard and there are not many hands at all for anything above $200.

I think the forum is fine.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:51 PM

If you don't split now this will just come up again in another few months. Do it now and just be done with it... like a bandaid... RIGHT OFF!!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 12:53 PM

I don't really see a need for a split, and think that both forums will pretty much be dead anytime after 7. That said it's not really a big deal to me and I don't really care.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plz split. The advice given by guys who play NL100 and above for lower level hands is really bad. You guys aren't competent to play that level, so shut up or split.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL I love this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, when I read a thread posted on hands @NL25 or NL10 I can tell who plays what level from the responses. Higher level guys are always "shove", "raise" or "call because its (insert low level here)!".

I understand that you can call thinner because there are more donks at lower levels, and I understand that aggressive play is better overall and is a large part of why some of you are playing higher.

But there is no way for me to tell which of you are really bearing down and giving good advice, which are just being arses, which of you never played these lower levels (or haven't played them in a long time and don't realize that the games might be tigher), as opposed to those of you have the experience and are actually trying to give good advice.

So a split would be better in my mind.

Come to think of it my mind might already be sufficiently split.

lol seriously

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-28-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but you are correct that the first several are definitely higher limits right now. Think that's mainly due to the fewer number of recreational players (who are also frequently playing lower limits) on during the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make the point that at nighttime there are more uNL posts.

This makes it hard on the ssNL players to sift through. And because of the difference in players between these 2 groups, I honestly don't feel comfortable giving advice. I feel just like Mr. D when he says "It's $10! Arrrrr in!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

With the limits in the title there really isn't much sifting to do. I think the posters who want to ignore the micro stuff pretty much do. Some of you guys though do regularly respond. Bottomset quickly comes to mind but there are others also. The quality of advice from some of the more experienced higher level guys is really helpful. A straight micro community would be more like the blind leading the blind as about the time a player really becomes experienced enough to give consistently valuable advice, it's time for him to move on up and out. Also, many of the theory threads apply no matter what the limit and it's much more likely the micro players will benefit from those threads if we leave the two groups combined.

I've said before and I'll repeat...the sense of community here is the main reason why I stick around. Heck, I've posted basically exclusively here for the past 4-5 months while only playing 6-max hands. I like the people in this forum. Cutting it in 1/2 will absolutely have an effect, and I don't see that it will be a net positive one.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:46 PM

I think/hope a micro forum would work like the limit micro forums. There will be some experienced players in there that don't care to move up and enjoying helping the beginners.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't split now this will just come up again in another few Days. Do it now and just be done with it... like a bandaid... RIGHT OFF!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[ QUOTE ]
This makes it hard on the ssNL players to sift through.

[/ QUOTE ]

You twelve table NL and you expect me to believe its hard for you to sift through the the 2+2 forums. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I'm not sure I care if the forums split or not. However, let's not try to come at this with an 'I don't know how to respond to nl10 posts' or 'I can't give good advice' tact. We may play for nickles and dimes, but let's not confuse bankroll for brains. Those kind of statements are insulting. Also, don't even try tell me that alot of you SSNL players would click on the link to a micro-stakes FR forum. Why would you?

Let's call a spade a spade, the FR SSNL players learn nothing from micro posts. So if they are not learning anything its worthless/pointless to them. Read: White noise. Which I completely understand and appreciate, but think its a rather selfish way to view the forums. I also think this is a bit of an ego thing. Like all the dick waving thats been going on. The cool kids and the hangers on.

The only argument that has some merit is that more micro players might post more if they had their own forum.

The one thing I wouldn't miss if the forums split is the weekly put down threads. Just waiting for the next'Being a nit sucks' or 'Blunty Sucks' or 'Why can we split the forum' thread to start.

whatever
Old 06-28-2007, 02:35 PM

This forum means a lot to me (admittedly its the only reason I joined 2p2 as I did it the day it opened). However, having been a poster since the forum opened I think that we need to give it a little more time before we split. Maybe revisting the idea at the end of the summer and seeing where we are at that point. I think that there are too few threads that I consider very good to have to split those between both forums and personally believe that traffic would become more stagnate (sp?) if we split it.

This is a rant on reads...dont read if not interested. As someone who has played literally every level represented in this forum, the play does differ between every level but mostly it is because of the ratio of certain types of players at each game. For instance there are more big donks in NL5-25 games, but the nits and TAGs play pretty similarly to the nits or TAGs at NL100. Therefore, I am of the opinion that if everyone is able to post an decent player read in their OP the advice will be much higher quality.

Although I don't post as many OPs as most of the regulars here (as I often just discuss hands with someone over IM and have recently been playing a bunch of SNGs) I typically try to post a detailed player read including all my notes on him in the OP. I find that many of you are simply too busy 12 tabling to take the time to do this. When I see people say that villian just sat down, but then he has 180 BB I simply laugh. At least tell us how he accumulated those BB as this will certainly help the analysis of the hand. I have observed this for all levels and always take the time to write out a detailed response if someone has done this in the OP. Look to the highstakes forum for examples of this as they usually elaborate on their complete history with the villian.