Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Strange turn spot.

[ QUOTE ]
button bets flop 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]Sure. But so? The button will auto raise you a lot of the time too. I would rather bet and have the button raise and knock out the sb.

If I wanted the high variance play then I would raise when it came back to me. With 2 other players in and a board like this, I don't understand playing the flop meekly.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
button bets flop 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]Sure. But so? The button will auto raise you a lot of the time too. I would rather bet and have the button raise and knock out the sb.

If I wanted the high variance play then I would raise when it came back to me. With 2 other players in and a board like this, I don't understand playing the flop meekly.

[/ QUOTE ]

The main reason why im playing this flop meekly is because my hand sucks.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
button bets flop 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It you really believe that then you have bigger issues then how to play this hand. It means you are playing with too much fear. That is an attitude that will kill you at short handed tables.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
button bets flop 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you want to put a little money into this pot as possible(unless everyone starts checking), but hopefully get to showdown. But after SB bets out the turn, that is not very promising.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
button bets flop 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cobretti. If BTN raises you are drawing slim to dead. Why would you want to protect a hand that has little value? Also, lets just say that BTN WILL raise a worse hand for you.

Could you be more specific as to which hands in SB's range that you want to face with 2 and not just 1 bet?

At the games I play, which is AP 3/6 once in a while, a flop donk is so damn horrible it makes my head hurt.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:27 AM

I would give it up. Pay attention and see what is shown down. Weird hand and I don't think your hand is strong enough against two people showing aggression.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
button bets flop 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cobretti. If BTN raises you are drawing slim to dead. Why would you want to protect a hand that has little value? Also, lets just say that BTN WILL raise a worse hand for you.

Could you be more specific as to which hands in SB's range that you want to face with 2 and not just 1 bet?

At the games I play, which is AP 3/6 once in a while, a flop donk is so damn horrible it makes my head hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think this hand has little value? You have top pair As with okay kicker.

I want to make sb fold or make a mistake. I dont want him sticking around with single pairs or inside draws, which are a lot of what is in his range. The texture of the flop puts you in a nasty little guessing game against 2 opponents when you play it meekly. imho.

If you bet and BB raises the hand plays pretty easily after that.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think this hand has little value? You have top pair As with terrible kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Getting raised by his entire range means that the turn will play terribly.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think this hand has little value? You have top pair As with okay kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO YOU DONT!
In this spot you effectively have no kicker because a) your kicker is very lickely to not play and b) even if it does it is not much good against the Ax hands in BTN's and SB's range. You kicker is particular no good if BTN raises you donk as this means AT or better with 99.9% probability.

[ QUOTE ]
I want to make sb fold or make a mistake. I dont want him sticking around with single pairs or inside draws, which are a lot of what is in his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please specify the hands that a 29/20 TAG that calls 3 cold in the SB has in this spot that you want to fold. I expect him to have pocket pairs and AQ+ almost always. I would be very surprised to see JTs or QJs.

And also. Plese explain why you think that IF BTN raises to shut out SB you still have any eq to worry about SB folding a draw. BTN is not raising KQ if you donk. If he raises you have the worst hand and little if any eq in the pot and you couldnt care less whether SB tagged along.

[ QUOTE ]
The texture of the flop puts you in a nasty little guessing game against 2 opponents when you play it meekly. imho.

If you bet and BB raises the hand plays pretty easily after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant see at all how this hands plays easy after a raise by the button. You have to explain that more carefully.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah that is weird. is this a 2 chip sb?

I'd say you're never good here and your only hope is chopping. I honestly think sb wants to 3bet. I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, easy fold. SB has 99, or at the very least, a better hand than the hero.