Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 11:57 PM

Default passive KK vs TAG

Villain is multitabling reg, probably one of you guys. running at 24/19 over 500 hands. I was planning to pop the turn but reconsidered.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.66 BB
Old 06-28-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: passive KK vs TAG

i still raise it, and if not the turn then the river (which could easily be the best line in all reality)
Old 06-28-2007, 12:45 AM

Im ok with your flop play+turn play against this opponent on that board.

About the river play: All I know is this much, if this guy will bet/call the river with Jx then you must raise the river as long as you can safely fold to a 3bet. If you cant raise/fold here for whatever reason, than just call the river becuz calling will still be more profitable than raise/calling against most opponents in this spot.

If you think this guy will bet/fold the river with Jx or check/call the river with this hand then dont raise the river becuz calling will now show a higher expectation than raise/folding in this scenario.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:38 AM

Fine with not popping the Q turn... I really think you should raise this river though. 7 counterfeits any 2 pair hands he has and + flush didn't get there + OESD didn't get there.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:41 AM

Assuming I decided not to raise the turn, I would raise/call this river always. If he has KT/99, then that's how it is, but there's a ton of stuff he's bet/calling.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:01 AM

put in a raise somewhere.. turn or river is read dependent... 100% defintily raise river with the bottom card pairing. I guess waiting to the river and raising a safe card is probabily better, because you wont have to payoff a re-raise on the river..

Although, an observant opponent would realize when you are raising the river on a blank (this isnt a blank) that it sort of limits teh strength of your hand and can make a more accurate judgement call. All your really strong hands you are raising on the turn, as well as your semi-bluffs.
I would peg your hand for either AQ, KQ , KK, AA and could easily lay down a worse hand and 3-bet a better hand. If you raised me on the turn, im calling down almost any pair with a draw on the turn (folding to draw on riv).
This is assuming of course I thought you were a strong rational opponent that doesnt frequently try to decieve.

Against most opponents I think waiting to the river is better though cause of WTF calls.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:23 AM

Yeah I like the river raise more than the turn.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming I decided not to raise the turn, I would raise/call this river always.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a good strategy. You will rarely be greater than a 2-1 favorite here. Which means calling the river will almost always make more money than raise/calling. The strategic choice on the river is between raise/folding and just calling and how this opponent plays Jx on the river will reveal the optimal play.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:41 AM

I think this is perfect.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
put in a raise somewhere.. turn or river is read dependent... 100% defintily raise river with the bottom card pairing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how the bottom card pairing changes anything. You're hoping he has QJ? After reading the thread I can definitely see some merit in raise/folding the river though. A TAG is going to continue value betting his AJ/KJ here given the line you took and I doubt he would bluff raise the river, especially if he his a multi-tabling robot.