Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best Time For Weeknight Turbos
8pm 3 33.33%
9pm 4 44.44%
10pm 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Which poker site is most rigged?

[ QUOTE ]
I learnt that if you had a bad suckout at a table you were guaranteed to run bad on that table for as long as you remained whilst the idiot who put his whole stack in chasing a gutshot will effortlessly build up a 5 buyin stack no matter how bad he plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Play well and profit until...
2. someone screws u over, at which point you switch tables
3. repeat 1 and 2 until YOU screw someone over...
4. Stay at this table and make awful calls and shocking chases because you cant lose however badly you play. Fold aces etc to ensure you always have the worst of it when you shove.

Finally a fullproof strategy, which i assume you have been following if you really believe this

But seriously, the number of hands you grinders have played surely there's software on the market to analyse what is a massive sample size and answer this question (shut people up) once and for all.

If you find the quality of hands are being inflated im sure you can demand compensation from the relevant sites (blackmail or otherwise).

Or, if you like, we can just keep moaning when we get outdrawn which is much more fun
Old 06-23-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Play well and profit until...
2. someone screws u over, at which point you switch tables
3. repeat 1 and 2 until YOU screw someone over...
4. Stay at this table and make awful calls and shocking chases because you cant lose however badly you play. Fold aces etc to ensure you always have the worst of it when you shove.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is how Samoleus won 3 million a year at Party. After a while Party installed a rig-protector-bot (they did this when they made the tables resizable). And soon after it threw the doomswitch on Samo. He started losing and, he never recovered, and has moved to another site.

So no it doesn't work that way any more.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:12 AM

Full Tilt is the worst, least trustworthy, poker site ever, and ever will be - and that includes Dutch's vapour site. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Don't those damn toons make you ill!? They make me want to puke all over my Ftilt hoodie.

Chat with the stars? It's all a mindf* to rope in the clueless wannabes. Once they're in, they hook them on the pavlovian manipulation (probably) built into the Tilt ware.

Ftilt is often described as bad beat city, well, bad beats work both ways. Putting a bad beat on someone once will make the memory of the previous three you've suffered, fade. Poker players suffer through such pain in an attempt to win back what they have lost, and when they get a portion of it back, it's a buzz. This produces the drastic highs and lows that are associated with all addiction. I mean, Full Tilt isn't so named because it's a cool poker term .. this is the fundamental basis of their profit model. Get players to tilt, so they steam and chase, and make big pots, which of course generate more rake.

When "The Pros" say that Tilt has the best software on the market, they mean from their perspective. Perhaps it's the most profitable, all things being equal - if the same # of people were playing the same stakes on Stars, compared to Tilt, I bet Tilt rakes in FAR more. FAR MORE!

I also bet, that the proportion of consistent winners on Stars is much higher than that of FTilt. If you make money on Tilt, good for you .. you can thank support for exempting you from the mainstream reaming.

You're asking, why would the pros play on a rigged site!? First of all, they're playing with FTilt funny money, and second of all, the rake is meaningless at the highest stakes because there are so few players. They are there as a circus attraction, to awe and distract the goobers who are getting shafted down below. Thirdly, of course, they get a piece of the action.

YOU KNOW IT!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:14 AM

The game of poker is rigged! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Bad beats happen when people play badly, because it is a game of chance and 'unlikely' things happen sometimes. This is as much true of live poker as internet poker. It seems to happen more online because you play so many more hands in the same amount of time, but everyone forgets all the time they put their money in ahead and the hand holds up and just remember the times they are runner runnered and knocked out by a donk. It also tends to be a streaky phenomenon (as luck is for some reason- randomness looks so 'un-random')
Just remember, if you are getting lots of bad beats it means that you are a good player cos your money is going in ahead. Variance will catch up with the donks and the maniacs and leave you with a nice profit in the long term... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The game of poker is rigged! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Bad beats happen when people play badly, because it is a game of chance and 'unlikely' things happen sometimes. This is as much true of live poker as internet poker. It seems to happen more online because you play so many more hands in the same amount of time, but everyone forgets all the time they put their money in ahead and the hand holds up and just remember the times they are runner runnered and knocked out by a donk. It also tends to be a streaky phenomenon (as luck is for some reason- randomness looks so 'un-random')
Just remember, if you are getting lots of bad beats it means that you are a good player cos your money is going in ahead. Variance will catch up with the donks and the maniacs and leave you with a nice profit in the long term... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

post of the month?
Old 06-28-2007, 07:32 AM

Cake Poker... and its not even close for me

I do not play all that much, but at $50 nl on FTP I was a decently consistent winrate over like 10k hands to start summer off and try to build a bankroll. I moved to Cake poker and within the last week over 7k hands I have seen more set over sets / flush over flush / boat over boat / runner runner / quads over quads (2x) than I have ever seen in that time span of hands... I know its just variance blah blah... but it is really getting gross by now. I [censored] u not I had 6 set over sets today only in maybe 1k hands (on the losing end 5 times) and still somehow only ended up 1 buy in down somehow.

ah venting feels good...
Old 06-28-2007, 08:17 AM

NOTHING CAN BEAT FULL TILT
Old 06-28-2007, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I moved to Cake poker

[/ QUOTE ]

may I ask, why?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I moved to Cake poker

[/ QUOTE ]

may I ask, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

33% rakeback vs. zero on ftp cuz i have an account already at ftp
Old 06-28-2007, 09:32 PM

They area all rigged...