Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Re: wich is better bet for value or induce bluff?

Montreal,

It seems to me as if you are indeed trying real hard to learn, and I admire that. With that said, it does not appear to me that you are really grasping what is being said/taught in these books.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:42 AM

really?how u come to think like that?

and yes hellmuth did say defends with 32s(well he said any suited) unless ure facing a really tight player.
whats good about hellmuth book is probably only about the typ of player u might run into and how to play them,there s some good thing in it but of course it doesnt compare to sshe and others,but his book is not only about hold em so of course he will get a bit superficial.

about your question ,call with any suited connector in BB ,yes he did say it,except vs a lone tight player(wich a tread b4 i made was wrong to call with 32s.119)) wich he would need at least one other caller,
but vs any other player,seems he would.

anyway, no matter what,im trying.

ive got so much info gather in my head ..i need to like make a good revision(again) since i alwasy read new stuff..

but anway poker is lot like chess with book and all...
when u read a chess book it gives the right guideline and concept for the 75% of the time it apply.
but there s 25% wich u need to go against the usual tactics and thinking..just like poker since theres too much variables to take into account
Old 06-28-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
really?how u come to think like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with bravos. why? youve said youve read all those books and yet from what I remember from your post history you are not showing us that you are applying what is in the books very well.

seems to me like you are trying to learn too much all the the same time and its muddling you up somewhat.

I'll second what Aaron said and say that you need to pick one or two of those books and master its concepts before you dust off the others. Quality over quantity.

hang in there...you obviously are trying and I think you are learning but perhaps you are trying a bit too hard. Slow and steady FTW.

Given all the water under the bridge youve got me curious...and despite the fact that some on the forum dont like stats posts, I'd kinda like to see a screenshot of your pokertracker stats, ie the Detailed ones. This will help assess where you are at. If you like, post them in this thread.

ozi
Old 06-28-2007, 01:33 AM

i would but when u mean stats as in graph, or the %vpip,PFr etc..?
but i have such not much result like 2500 hands
cause i decide to use poker office only when im playing multitable 3 table....

i used to have another one db but lost it,i need it to reformat,had to start over....
Old 06-28-2007, 03:23 AM

thx for the PM M. yeah, 2500 hands really isnt that significant so we wont bother delving into your stats. Just be sure to look at the FAQ and make sure that your stats arent totally out of range. goodluck
Old 06-28-2007, 04:56 AM

betting for value since it is used more. i think.