Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: People and things that infuriate you way LESS than they should

Good job! It's hard not to get pretty peeved when someone messes up your car. It can be kind of a heartbreaker.

I'd like to think that life is easier and better when you cut people some slack. Screwing up is something I can handle and relate to. What pisses me off is when it seems like life is easier and better if you lower your standards. Then sometimes it seems you can't lower them fast or far enough, the world is outpacing you. And living with low standards is a lot more to ask of someone than just not making a big deal out of your occasional screw-ups.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: People and things that infuriate you way LESS than they should

For me, it's not about service, it's about money. When my bank adds a few minor charges to my "free" checking account, I don't even blink. When I actually READ my phone bill, and see how many companies and government agencies have their hands out, I just shrug and pay.

[ QUOTE ]
What pisses me off is when it seems like life is easier and better if you lower your standards. Then sometimes it seems you can't lower them fast or far enough, the world is outpacing you. And living with low standards is a lot more to ask of someone than just not making a big deal out of your occasional screw-ups.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I knew the author of this quote:

Mediocrity is the new standard of excellence.

It's so true. No matter what service you're after, as long as they don't screw something up, you're delighted with the "great service" you got.