Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2006, 12:51 PM

Default Re: another ps 180 hand

BET THAT POT!!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:02 PM

I bet here. You have a monster draw. You are probably ahead here, and if not, you aren't far behind unless he has Ax [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I bet about 2/3 of the pot, and if he reraises, I 3-bet put him all in, and I call if he pushes on a check/raise.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:22 PM

alas, I did bet T500 which I recall was just less than 1/2 pot. He then re-raised to t1000.

Your like was push, but could you also advocate a call in this situation?
Old 03-02-2006, 01:27 PM

Another min-raise? I think I'm puttin him AI right here. Best made hand is a strait and you have outs to beat. If he is on a Ax flush draw, you have him beat right now with a 1 outer-re-draw if he hits the flush on the turn. Too many outs to count here
Old 03-02-2006, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
alas, I did bet T500 which I recall was just less than 1/2 pot. He then re-raised to t1000.

Your like was push, but could you also advocate a call in this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

So he check/minraised? That's a little scary. I might back off my bet/3bet push plan and just call then. There are so many cards that can help us, and I'm pretty sure Villain will pay us off even if we make our draw.

However, with a monster drawing hand like this, the real argument for getting it all in is that your opponent puts his chips in the middle when he has no chance to get away when you make your draw.

I think I'm still 3bet pushing here. I think we're ahead with our flush draw, gutshot straight draw, middle pair, etc. Something like 16-18 outs twice.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:48 PM

yea, I pushed and he showed A,Ko and no help came. I cannot help but wonder if a call was the correct move. But I want to make sure that is not just bad beat thinking. Alas, I have agreed with everything you have said thus far seke, so let me know if the push was infact good or if the call would have been better.

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 03-02-2006, 01:53 PM

For any meaningful advice we need stack sizes. If blinds and button are all around 10-15BB's I am raising preflop. More or less than that I am calling.

Flop: Again dependent on stack sizes, are they too small to throw a bet out there to try to take out? Are they small enough to go in with K and weak kicker? All this stuff is important.

You describe them as weak tight in the OP so I am very likely to pick em off, get their blinds and if they call be ready to lay it down (again depending on stack size) unless I hit a big flop (which you did).
~Justin
Old 03-02-2006, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea, I pushed and he showed A,Ko and no help came. I cannot help but wonder if a call was the correct move. But I want to make sure that is not just bad beat thinking. Alas, I have agreed with everything you have said thus far seke, so let me know if the push was infact good or if the call would have been better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, don't be results oriented. You got your chips in the middle as a nearly 3:2 FAVORITE! Nothing wrong with that, you just whiffed your draw. You got exactly what you wanted, you got a player to commit his chips to the pot while you were a significant favorite and you were the one pushing so you had folding equity against a lot of weaker hands here too.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:24 PM

I really really like a check behind in this spot. When someone raises from an early position and then checks on a flop that easily hits an EP raiser, I tend to proceed with caution. Granted, he could have 66+, but more than likely you are behind with only your draw to save you (granted, it's a nice draw). I don't think villian folds on this flop with any sane EP raising hand, so I would want to exercise some pot control by checking. Leading here will either lead to a raise or call (both of which are NOT what you want), but rarely a fold. Check here and plan on getting aggro on the turn if a blank hits.