Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: wsop cash games

NL2/5 is capped at $500 and no cap in NL5/10..The NL2/5 was so juicy it hurt...I would say that at most there was 1 or 2 good players at the table..I did about 4 sessions at 2/5..500>950, 500>1500, 500>600 and then the last night b4 I left 500>0...Once I made my big cash in event 35..I played NL5/10 when I wasnt in another tournament..I would say that half the players at NL5/10 were good. I made a few bucks at 5/10 but nothing big..
Old 06-27-2007, 12:52 PM

Are these played in the same ballroom as the tournament events or somewhere else? Last year, there was an eight-hour waiting list the only time I bothered to check in the ballroom.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2-5 game at the Rio is juicy. Usually 2 good players per table and they are easy to spot. 2 guys who think they know how to play but are average at best and the rest is easy pickens.

Stay away from the S&G's, structure sucks ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks--I figured the S&G's wouldn't be the best choice, as I'd be doing the lower ($100-200 range) buy-ins. With 15 minute levels and lower starting chips for those in my range I figured they'd be a crapshoot.

I'm definitely more into cash games and expect to do well. Would like to take a shot as WSOP event ($1500, don't want to buyin full), since I'm there and all....
Old 06-27-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2-5 game at the Rio is juicy. Usually 2 good players per table and they are easy to spot. 2 guys who think they know how to play but are average at best and the rest is easy pickens.

Stay away from the S&G's, structure sucks ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks--I figured the S&G's wouldn't be the best choice, as I'd be doing the lower ($100-200 range) buy-ins. With 15 minute levels and lower starting chips for those in my range I figured they'd be a crapshoot.

I'm definitely more into cash games and expect to do well. Would like to take a shot as WSOP event ($1500, don't want to buyin full), since I'm there and all....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they are a joke. 2 levels and it's an all in fest. Also, you can't even sign up for the buy-in you want you have to get together 9 other guys who want to play for the same price then tell them you got a table and they'll let you. So if you can't convince the other people waiting for a satellite to play your buy-in....tough luck. Just another example of them running the wsop into the ground.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:49 PM

Not really. Starting level is 25/25 with T1000. On level 3 it's still 50/100. Most of the ones I played still had 10 guys through level 2 and 8 or 9 guys through level 3.

You don't have to find other people that want to play your buy-in, just wait in line. The floor guy asks who wants to play what, if it's not something you want, just wait until he calls one you want. Unless you want a $525 or something weird, you probably won't wait more than 20 minutes.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not really. Starting level is 25/25 with T1000. On level 3 it's still 50/100. Most of the ones I played still had 10 guys through level 2 and 8 or 9 guys through level 3.

You don't have to find other people that want to play your buy-in, just wait in line. The floor guy asks who wants to play what, if it's not something you want, just wait until he calls one you want. Unless you want a $525 or something weird, you probably won't wait more than 20 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes really. I said after 2 levels it's an all-in fest, and yes it is. If there are still 10 players, or even 8 or 9, when level 3 starts (50/100) then the average stack is 1000 or barely over it (1200), which means you have about 10x the BB or barely over, and yes the correct raise at 10x the BB is often all in. And as the blinds keep doubling every level it remains relatively the same all-in fest in relation to the stacks.

And yes the floor asks what you want to play, and as a group of 10 gives him an answer, the register and play. But you do need to assemble a group of 10 before hand to agree on the stakes and it's simply majority rules. So if you come at a time when others don't want to play your buy-in, then i guess it's just tough luck. Which sucks.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:43 PM

It's NOT just tough luck. You just stay in line until the next satellite forms up, which is usually 10 minutes. They do a good job of alternating them between 125's, 175's, and 325's, with a 525 thrown in every once in awhile. The 525's will likely become more regular as the ME apporaches.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's NOT just tough luck. You just stay in line until the next satellite forms up, which is usually 10 minutes. They do a good job of alternating them between 125's, 175's, and 325's, with a 525 thrown in every once in awhile. The 525's will likely become more regular as the ME apporaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of how long it takes to get the game you want, which is usually/always more than 10 minutes it's a retarded way to go about it. And the times I have gone, I have had to settle for sat's other than the one I had planned on.....so tough luck FOR ME.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:50 AM

LOL @ "waiting list" for the cash games...

there are so many tables and the board has a helluva time hearing the dealers, just wait around near a couple of tables w/ your limit and when a seat opens, sit. Simple as that. Noone has a problem, since the seat is filled quickly etc etc.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ "waiting list" for the cash games...

there are so many tables and the board has a helluva time hearing the dealers, just wait around near a couple of tables w/ your limit and when a seat opens, sit. Simple as that. Noone has a problem, since the seat is filled quickly etc etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I went tonight and sat around for an hour waiting for a table before i got fed up and went to the B....you probably took my seat you S.O.B. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]