Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Are there any laws against online gambling in Canada?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have been cashing out regularly from Party to my Canadian bank account (EFT), without any problems, and at no charge at all. I dont understand why you were cashing out to your Visa card, instead of doing an EFT directly to your bank account .

[/ QUOTE ]

because I wanted the funds to remain in US dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

These days, with the weakening US $ and the booming Canadian $ its a bad move keeping your money in US currency. However, for whatever reason you want to keep your funds in US $, you could always open a US$ bank account at any Canadian bank and cash out to that....
Old 06-27-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have been cashing out regularly from Party to my Canadian bank account (EFT), without any problems, and at no charge at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there's the $1 withdrawal fee Party charges for EFT's if you're not at the Aces level or higher. Not significant, but the 2.5% currency exchange fee they now charge for deposits and withdrawals to Canadian banks does add up.

[ QUOTE ]
However, for whatever reason you want to keep your funds in US $, you could always open a US$ bank account at any Canadian bank and cash out to that....

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a US$ bank account at a Canadian bank. Party said I could use it, but they would still process my withdrawals in Canadian dollars! This would mean that I would get hit twice with currency exchange fees!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have been cashing out regularly from Party to my Canadian bank account (EFT), without any problems, and at no charge at all. I dont understand why you were cashing out to your Visa card, instead of doing an EFT directly to your bank account .

[/ QUOTE ]

because I wanted the funds to remain in US dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

These days, with the weakening US $ and the booming Canadian $ its a bad move keeping your money in US currency. However, for whatever reason you want to keep your funds in US $, you could always open a US$ bank account at any Canadian bank and cash out to that....

[/ QUOTE ]

they don't allow EFT to US currency accts in Canada. At least not with TD Bank.