Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 09:49 PM

Default Live 1/2 Hand #1

Seneca Niagara, 1/2 NL

Hero has $140, Villains cover.

Villain in SB is an older guy, been doing a lot of check/calling, hasn't shown down much. Likely a station, but I've only played 25 hands or so.

Villain behind me is a young, tight player. He's hardly played much.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

One limper, Hero makes standard raise to $9, Button calls, SB calls, all others fold.

Flop: ($25) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero bets $16, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: ($73) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB leads for $25.

Plan here? What is your plan if SB checks?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Live 1/2 Hand #1

Reload, but you know that. Plus it might even be a $100 max, who knows. Disregarding stacks...

PF fine. I would probably be more inclined to overlimp because you'll get a billon callers live (which isn't a horrible thing I guess). I prefer having the pot HU though, much easier to win.

Flop I would make a larger c-bet. Like for $20. You'll get called by any ace, any draw, etc. Get the money in while you can.

Turn is really weird. What do you think about calling and folding if Button raises/and not putting much more money in (if button calls)?

I don't really like raising a whole lot though I can see it. If villan will do something donkish like a stopngo with stuff like A7 or whatever (perfectally reasonable live) then whatever.

So, call and see what happens is what I would do. Post more hands too and send Mrs. ep here as well.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reload, but you know that. Plus it might even be a $100 max, who knows. Disregarding stacks...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, $100 max buy-in.

[ QUOTE ]
PF fine. I would probably be more inclined to overlimp because you'll get a billon callers live (which isn't a horrible thing I guess). I prefer having the pot HU though, much easier to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a hand played by my brother-in-law. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I was at the table watching him agonize, and I asked myself, what hand would I need to call or shove? He was sweating hard on this one.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop I would make a larger c-bet. Like for $20. You'll get called by any ace, any draw, etc. Get the money in while you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roger that.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn is really weird. What do you think about calling and folding if Button raises/and not putting much more money in (if button calls)?

I don't really like raising a whole lot though I can see it. If villan will do something donkish like a stopngo with stuff like A7 or whatever (perfectally reasonable live) then whatever.

So, call and see what happens is what I would do. Post more hands too and send Mrs. ep here as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, turn looks like a classic value bet with a made draw. But I still only play live occasionally; plenty of donks out there.

Villain behind me would be a concern as well. I think it's a call heads up and a fold in this spot, tbh. When I was thinking of hands I'd need to at least call, A6 was not good enough. Top two at least -- but that's my online thinking!

And anyway, I'm semi-retired. Mrs. ep plays a good amount, but I just don't think she'd ever feel down with posting here. We're different personalities, to be sure. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2007, 10:46 AM

I call here. It's such a small bet. Raising is out of the question because I dont think you want to commit to the hand with the button behind you, even though I would most likely put him on an AJ type of hand. SB in this hand could have A3 or lower two pair, semi bluffing a flush draw, or a made flush. But since the bet is so small I think you have enough equity vs his range to continue.

If it was checked to me on the turn I would check it back, and hope for a non diamond river.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:57 AM

agree, call, call tiny river bet unless I fill up. Could be A3, but it's not a bluff imo.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:12 PM

i think i need his river action to define his hand. so call.

pot on the flop, live plays so slowly and the players are so unobservant that you can bet $12 when you miss and still want to cbet, and bet $25 here