Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 04:30 PM

Default AJ is my kicker god here. NL25

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $24.50
Hero (BB): $32.08
UTG: $15.22
MP: $24.65
CO: $57.84
BTN: $13.04

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.75</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.00</font>, Hero calls $2.00

Turn: ($7.60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, BTN calls $4.00

River: ($15.60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.29</font>, BTN calls all-in for $5.29

Pot Size: $26.18 ($1.30 Rake)

BTN sees the flop 66.7% of the time and sees the turn 61.1% of the time. So on the flop when I gets re raised I know that he has some type of hand, I think his most likely holdings are Ax. I don't think I can get much of a read of the preflop raise when that can be a steal attempt with any type of hand. So now i decides that my kicker is should be god often enough to make this EV+, so i think that my goal with this hand should be to get his small stack all-in.

But afterwards I second guess my read and believe that maybe I should respect his re raise and fold the flop. Any thoughts about this hand?
Old 06-27-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: AJ is my kicker god here. NL25

How often is your opponent raising when he is playing 2/3 of the pots?

I think you are probably good a majority of the time. You may want to check the turn to keep the pot smaller. If your opponent had a bigger stack, you would definitely want to keep it small.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:46 PM

you really only beat AT A8 and worse but there are AK AQ A9 A4 and A3 that b eat you. He has kind of a short stack but let me assure you I burned quite an amount of money to these halfstacks before I learned to take them a little more seriously. I don't really know why you donkbet the flop. this only makes sense against a calling station. If you want to play it strong, check raise flop and lead turn I say. If he has nothing he will likely continuation bet he flop which you want.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:48 PM

Hes raising about 16% preflop but, I have only played 27 hands with this villian so I don't think I can trust this number that much
Old 06-27-2007, 05:06 PM

i would fold AJ in the BB because of this reason.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:28 PM

Shortstacks are such a pain, 26 hands is not enough to take any stats seriously post flop whats his V$PIP, Villain has a small stack, hes raised on the button and hes likely to be willing to get it all in with any piece of the flop, i see shortstacks Min raising with KT and worse on a King high board and theyll do it with nothing too or underpairs and also with a monster but more often that not they play monsters passively to allow you to bet at them and if that dosent work they push the river. Unfortunately you dont have enough stats to be confident but im happy to get all in here without reads as the majority of shortstacks will be behind here so it should be +EV.