Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Recieved letter back from Congressman Souder

I recieved a letter from Mark Souder after writing him at Poker Players Alliances website. I re typed this letter so it is not exact.

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for the Internet Gambling Regualtion and Enforcement Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you know, Congressman Barney Frank of Massachusetts introduced the Internet Gambling Regulation and Enforcement
Act (HR 2046) on April 26, 2007. This bill would allow companies to be licensed in order to accept bets and wagers online from individuals in the US, to the extent permitted by individual states, Indian tribes and sports leagues. HR2046 has been sent to the House Financial Services Committee and the House Energy and Commerce Committee for further review. Should this bill come to the House floor for a vote, I will keep your thoughts in mind when considering it.

Thank you, blah blah,

Mark Souder

Now I would like help in writing him back. I thought I would mention 1 main thing and more if anyone (Engineer?) has any help.

1. He says the Barney Frank bill would allow gambling as any state allows. Well I live in Indiana and Gambling (poker, game of "chance) is not allowed. So i think that even if Barney's Bill get passed I would still be out of luck. Is this correct???????? If so I would like to tell Mark Souder that I would like something done on the State level or something along those lines. I need help with this subject.

Any other thoughts or comments?
Old 06-27-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Recieved letter back from Congressman Souder

Though House / Senate members can offer advice to state legislatures, the place to start would be your local reps to the Indiana State House / Senate.

FYI for all:
'SKILL' gaming as allowed by one online U S poker site in the U S as follows:
Alaska
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
D.C.
Delaware
Florida
Hawaii
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Massachusetts
Mississippi
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Ohio
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

if your atate is not on the list, in addition to contacting U S Hose / Senate members, you need to be contacting STATE legislatures as well for a 'SKILL' gaming exemption.
heck, you all cannot even play Solitaire online.
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

obg