Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Vegas Trip Report

[ QUOTE ]

BTW... it always amazes me that poker players who have made and descent living in the past + win gobs of money at poker stress out over a $2 tip. I would have given the guy a $20 a $5 and said thanks :-)

[/ QUOTE ]
That's pretty insulting. The original tip offered was very reasonable, even on the high side. A successful poker player is certainly no more affluent than a ton of other people who could be in that cab. The cabbie was obviously working a little mini-con to try to squeeze out a little bigger tip. This is kinda funny, and is in the report for amusement purposes. Bob in no way "stressed" over it, he gave the guy a couple extra bucks for his effort and had a cute story to tell. The point is that the cabbie had a lot of cheek, which actually is kinda fuuny.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be the arrogant nosy bastard... what type of deal do you high stakes ballers work out when someone stakes you $20K?

40% of wins... no repay on the loses? 50/50 with a make-up?

I'm not familiar with the cash-game stakes.... obviously no one would stake my azz.

BTW... it always amazes me that poker players who have made and descent living in the past + win gobs of money at poker stress out over a $2 tip. I would have given the guy a $20 a $5 and said thanks :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont know when to quit do you.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's pretty insulting. The original tip offered was very reasonable, even on the high side. A successful poker player is certainly no more affluent than a ton of other people who could be in that cab. The cabbie was obviously working a little mini-con to try to squeeze out a little bigger tip. This is kinda funny, and is in the report for amusement purposes. Bob in no way "stressed" over it, he gave the guy a couple extra bucks for his effort and had a cute story to tell. The point is that the cabbie had a lot of cheek, which actually is kinda fuuny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus Man... I was making an observation about his observation of a cabbie observing that he could squeeze a few extra bucks... that's all.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I recognize the 1 seat as a French-Canadian fellow that I had met last year. I tell him he talks funny, and he immediately remembers me. He is a very nice fellow. We chat and have a good time and he rapes me in a pot where he makes the nut flush vs. my q-high flush where neither of us should have been in there because it was a time pot but we weren’t paying attention. Bleh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great report! That guy must be Marcel, a Borgata pro. You can't run him off the hand but he will pay you off more than he should. He raises preflop too much but plays quite well after flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong guy. He is probably talking about the young French-Canadian kid, very quiet and polite, who is a serious internet pro... used to multi-table six games of 100/200. He played mostly Party and went by the screen name "callmedownfish". I've played with him at Bellagio. He's a math oriented kind of player.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:25 PM

2+2er "mig".

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-28-2007, 06:57 PM

U r funny Pbob.

Blog is funny too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2007, 09:45 PM

Another trip pls.