Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Big draw, tough spot against two terrible opponents

I think you should push, if you call and the UTG has a higher flush draw and will likely call for 7.50 more. If you push he may fold a higher draw. I doubt CO is folding he most likely has a set.

On the other hand, if you think UTG has a higher flush draw you may want to consider calling in this spot. If he does fold to the push hes is folding some of your outs and you have very small fold equity against the CO (if he has a set) so going with that read i dont think a push would +EV. At least a call gives you a cheap turn because UTG is being passive. Any thoughts on this?
Old 06-26-2007, 01:11 PM

Moot point, but I agree with folding preflop here. However, if CO folded preflop then that's a great spot to raise on the button.

The problem with this spot is the CO. You've got about 12 outs vs. UTG heads-up, 15 outs heads-up against CO and 6 outs vs. both. CO is NOT folding, he's got a set/top two/overpair. Another issue is that CO is 130 BBs deep. You can't fold on this flop, you're getting pot odds to draw to your straight on the turn.

My plan here: call the flop, raise allin on a non-diamond turn/straight turn. If a diamond comes then UTG's action matters, he's likely to check if its non-diamond
Old 06-26-2007, 01:18 PM

I donīt think pushin is good here. we have no fe. see a turn and reevaluate
Old 06-26-2007, 02:01 PM

I dont know but this dude must have a set. Given his line, he just wants to have money in the pot...
He bets 1/4 of the pot on the flop, he min-raises you. I doubt its a flush draw or anything else.
Why not call this flop raise and reevaluate the turn?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
suited one gappers are not a hand i would play after two limps and a raise, if u wanna play a hand like that i would recommend a pattern like one limp a raise and a call of the raise, since you dont wanna get HU with a hand that "plays well in multiway flops" which i still dont think 108dd does.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I understand why you may use a pattern to dictate when you do and don't call I actually think this situation is more preferable then the pattern you listed above.

They're nearly identical in that I'm 99% sure the limpers are tagging along (have you ever seen open limpers fold to a 4x raise with a caller behind and then fold?). So what does it matter if they call before or after me? The only difference is in your situation in a 6max game I'm going to often be calling an utg raise versus the co or even worse I'll be calling out of the blinds instead of the button.

Anyways here's how the hand ended up.

Hero raises all-in to $108.30</font>, UTG calls all-in for $38.05, CO calls all-in for $47.05
Uncalled bet of $43.75 returned to Hero

Turn: ($187.40) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players - 3 All-In)

River: ($187.40) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players - 3 All-In)

Pot Size: $187.40 ($3 Rake)

UTG had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a flush, Ace high) and WON (+$101.35)
CO had T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Tens) and LOST (-$66.55)
Hero had T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a flush, Jack high) and LOST (-$33.55)

Sadly enough I should have taken the pot down with the shove I don't see how either can call here but I guess that's why it's 50nl.