Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

This is insanely interesting, if incredibly sad.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dids,

You said that Benoit did something "evil and disgusting", so I extrapolated to something which would be evil and disgusting. It wasn't a good fit, whatever. The point is that there doesn't have to be anything evil and disgusting about what happened, and based on what we know about Benoit it is a pretty big leap to assume otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

killing your wife and child is evil and disgusting regardless of any psychological/neurological/biological/etc excuse that can be attributed to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as we are using the standard meaning for "evil" (morally bad or offensive) I think this is a very poorly thought out statement, but whatever, let's not sidetrack.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the DA's comments "Details of the deaths 'are going to prove a little bizarre'" and "We're pretty sure we know [the cause], but we want to confirm it with the crime lab," have me rubbernecking more than ever. It's hard not to.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:25 PM

do you think benoit blew up vince's limo too?

maybe the FIC should investigate
Old 06-26-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just read this on wwtdd.com

[ QUOTE ]
Wrestling site Rajah.com reports that WWE has pulled all Benoit merchandise from its online store and has begun to purge his name from the record books. Benoit's name has been removed from the DVD description of WrestleMania XX. It now says, "Triple H defends his World Heavyweight Championship against Shawn Michaels." In reality, that was a triple threat match between Triple H, Michaels and Benoit that Benoit won to become WWE Champion.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's still listed in the Heavyweight Title and WCW World Title histories on wwe.com.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the DA's comments "Details of the deaths 'are going to prove a little bizarre'" and "We're pretty sure we know [the cause], but we want to confirm it with the crime lab," have me rubbernecking more than ever. It's hard not to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish the details would just come out at this point.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you think benoit blew up vince's limo too?

maybe the FIC should investigate

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't funny. Not unfunny because of the situation, but just not funny. Try again.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dids,

You said that Benoit did something "evil and disgusting", so I extrapolated to something which would be evil and disgusting. It wasn't a good fit, whatever. The point is that there doesn't have to be anything evil and disgusting about what happened, and based on what we know about Benoit it is a pretty big leap to assume otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

killing your wife and child is evil and disgusting regardless of any psychological/neurological/biological/etc excuse that can be attributed to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as we are using the standard meaning for "evil" (morally bad or offensive) I think this is a very poorly thought out statement, but whatever, let's not sidetrack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's a sidetrack. I think it's a more useful discussion than idle speculation until the next bit of news comes out, and all 391 posts in this thread so far can't be news.

I think the point is that from 50,000 feet away you can always say that murder is evil. But from up close, every deed of evil has its reasons. This biochemical attached to that neuron which caused a chain reaction and a murderer was made. If only there were more dopamine or serotonin whatever whatever, and presto it wouldn't have happened, I'm not a biologist but you get my point. Or from a psychological standpoint, every murderer has his reasons. Even Jeffrey Dahmer on some level could not have comprehended the evil he was doing, if he could, obviously he wouldn't have done it. He dehumanized his victims to some level.

So that's what I thought when I was younger, that there was no such thing as evil. Now I don't know. You see these things happen, and you figure you have to draw a line somewhere. You get sick of this [censored] happening time after time and there's always a reason. Things like this, if it happened, must be an act of evil, or else nothing is.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:47 PM

CNN

"A law enforcement official close to the investigation tells The Associated Press that pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room."
Old 06-26-2007, 12:47 PM

reports out of atlanta are now as follows:

benoit strangled his wife on saturday
smothered his son on sunday
hung himself on monday