Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Satellites in Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
I am surprised you can get full price for the lammers. As a buyer, what's the advantage of paying full price. Guy selling needs some help, he should pay a little bit for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Karma. Many of the potential buyers have been on the other side trying to sell them, so they understand and often help out. The quality of human being I've met at this year's WSOP has been a pleasant surprise.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have to wait in line if you play a tourney with a lammer or is the reg process the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same same.

It's just a cash-equivalent chip.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:02 PM

I believe in Karma and it swings both ways. If I got lammers but can not play nor care to use them, then I expect to give a little back for a huge favor given.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am surprised you can get full price for the lammers. As a buyer, what's the advantage of paying full price. Guy selling needs some help, he should pay a little bit for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought so myself, but then again, I never complained when some fish bought my Lammers for full price in past years.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:09 PM

Can anybody tell me if you win sng's to get into a ME mega satellite for 550 or 1060. Do they have $55 sng to get into the 550 ones or $110 to get into the 1060's. I know they used to but it has been a while.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought so myself, but then again, I never complained when some fish bought my Lammers for full price in past years.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no advantage, but there is also no disadvantage...I'd pay full because it's not costing me anything. I guess I might ask for a discount, but I certainly wouldn't press for it.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anybody tell me if you win sng's to get into a ME mega satellite for 550 or 1060. Do they have $55 sng to get into the 550 ones or $110 to get into the 1060's. I know they used to but it has been a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

The smallest they are running now is 125's. In practicality, that's what you want to play anyway so you can chop at the end. If you try to play out the SNG to the end, it's just a crapshoot.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:57 AM

When you split it and you get the lammer chip, can you use this for a mega satellite entry?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:57 AM

What happened with all of the satellites they were supposed to be running? The $60/$65 one was axed?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What happened with all of the satellites they were supposed to be running? The $60/$65 one was axed?

[/ QUOTE ]

More than likely they are not getting enough interest for it. They pretty much will run any level that they have interest for.