Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Total body training program

I've been on a program for the past few months that I picked up from T-nation and I've seen really positive results. It's easy to follow, doesn't take too much time, and helps break plateaus that you may have previously experienced.

It seems to me that this is a solid program for beginners and intermediate lifters alike. Any thoughts on the program or why one should/shouldn't participate in it are welcome.

Link:
Total Body Training
Old 06-25-2007, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Total body training program

Chad Waterbury has great workouts...This and his 10x3 are highly recommended.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:01 AM

Looks pretty good. I've had more success in the past with a more standard approach than the micro-periodization approach he suggests in that article though. It just complicates things unnecessarily imo.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:17 AM

i am on my 5th week of ABBH and am really enjoying it and seeing some nice strength gains...

after this i plan on doing ABBH 2 and then Total Body Training...

if you are gonna follow chads programs i suggest you get his workout spreadsheet...you can find it on t-nation or you can pm me and i'll send it to you...it has links to all his articles and sheet for every workout...i prefer to make my own sheet for taking to the gym, but the .zip file is a good start...
Old 06-25-2007, 11:35 AM

I'd skip ABBH2 and go straight to the Total Body Training if you like these. ABBH2 looks like he's substituting in sub-optimal movements in the name of variety. Variety is definitely a good thing, especially when you start plateauing, but imo he goes too far with it and too frequently, especially for beginning and intermediate lifters. You don't have to change your whole routine around every workout to jumpstart growth. Just change a single variable and see what happens.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:53 AM

I may look at doign the tbt workout next. I have this week left on the edt workouts and then ill vary it up for a bit again.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am on my 5th week of ABBH and am really enjoying it and seeing some nice strength gains...

after this i plan on doing ABBH 2 and then Total Body Training...

if you are gonna follow chads programs i suggest you get his workout spreadsheet...you can find it on t-nation or you can pm me and i'll send it to you...it has links to all his articles and sheet for every workout...i prefer to make my own sheet for taking to the gym, but the .zip file is a good start...

[/ QUOTE ]

I already have the spreadsheet, thanks for the offer though. Like you, I also prefer to take my own sheet.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:43 PM

yeah, i make my own sheets, they are great for 10x3 days since keep a small box for each set that i can check off as i go so i don't have to count them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2007, 12:58 AM

I've liked most of CW's workouts, and tried a few. I don't like some of his ideas and the way he presents them all the time, but you can do much worse than just to follow all his routines [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If you like it and it's working keep doing them!

He didn't invent 10*3, but he has brought it to a lot of people's attention which is definitely a good thing. If that was the "base" idea instead of 3*10 for everything people would be a lot better off.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:22 AM

He didnt invent it but he sure has made it popular haha