Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many goon-looking dudes are in this picture?
6 22 100.00%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Is this wrong or am i over thinking it?

[ QUOTE ]
VR,

Your post is a moot point as OP wrote this upthread:

"should have mentioned that there is absolutly no chance that she would ever find out unless i told her about it."

I mean, of course it would be an issue if she found out, but if it's highly unlikely and his conscience is fine with it, I don't see the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are of course right. Some of us apply the "do unto others" mentality and some of us don't. If that is not part of your value-system, regift away as long as she won't know.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:14 PM

i think the way i worded my initial posts scewed some opinions. it wasnt a gift for her, it was something i got for myself. but yes it was obtained while on a date with a previous girl and once held a picture in it.

maybe its just me, or maybe its just guys think differently, but if this exact situation was reversed i would not be bothered if a picture of me and my girl was held in a frame that once held another picture or a previous guy. its JUST a frame.

and i dont need OOT to clear my conscience. i posted this to hear some other opinions because i am far from perfect and did not want to make a huge mistake if that was what i was about to do. it seems to be split and a matter of personal opinion based on your level of comfort with situations like this. so maybe there is no right answer.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:14 PM

Al,

To be honest, if I was given a 100% iron-clad guarantee that nobody would ever get hurt AND I didn't have any warm feelings for the ex, I would probably have no problems doing something like that. That probably makes me a bad person but whatever.

Mostly though I'm responding to request pics of the frame. OP made the offer to show us what it looks like, and while it's doubtful it will be lathe-like in its greatness it would be interesting to see.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
VR,

Your post is a moot point as OP wrote this upthread:

"should have mentioned that there is absolutly no chance that she would ever find out unless i told her about it."

I mean, of course it would be an issue if she found out, but if it's highly unlikely and his conscience is fine with it, I don't see the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are of course right. Some of us apply the "do unto others" mentality and some of us don't. If that is not part of your value-system, regift away as long as she won't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have always been vey honest, even about small things, with my girlfriend. sometimes to the point where she would say "i really dont care at all about that, but thanks for being honest with me, i appreciate it". I do this for the exact idea that you mentioned of "do on to others"...because i would like the same respect in return.

that being said, if this situation was reversed, i dont think my girlfriend would view this as an important thing to mention, thats just how she is. but im not 100% sure.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Al,

To be honest, if I was given a 100% iron-clad guarantee that nobody would ever get hurt AND I didn't have any warm feelings for the ex, I would probably have no problems doing something like that. That probably makes me a bad person but whatever.

Mostly though I'm responding to request pics of the frame. OP made the offer to show us what it looks like, and while it's doubtful it will be lathe-like in its greatness it would be interesting to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can get a picture of it up late tonight, just realized i left my digital camera at my gf's place, but ill be seeing her later and be sure to get it. Im actually pretty interested to see how tacky people really think it is. i know its tacky, but its something that a girl would appreciate for sure, especially if surprised with a picture already in it of us.

also, i forget who posted it, al maybe, but i dont need OOT to clear my conscience at all.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:27 PM

RTR - that's cool. Didn't mean to be overly preachy, but that was my takeaway. Looking forward to pics.

Tup:

[ QUOTE ]
nd while it's doubtful it will be lathe-like in its greatness it would be interesting to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

LLIIG should be an official 2p2 acronym.

-Al
Old 06-25-2007, 04:36 PM

having issues with the camera...i could take a cell phone picture of it, i just have no way of getting it to my computer, if anyone is interested enough to see this thing and can host it for me, would be more than happy to text you a picture of it...just pm me your cell#