Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Dissatisfied with # of 3rd place finishes.

i love how this forum is such a place where someone like this will come up and everyone agrees to stake them, wickss has a blog on sng icons.com and millions of fans now. that said id throw in some dough but i only have $ on full tilt. of course the condition is that in 6 years when you're 21 you have to say "lol donkaments" when you win the main event.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i love how this forum is such a place where someone like this will come up and everyone agrees to stake them, wickss has

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I was the banker for the wickss deal and we all made pretty decent return on our bucks. Not major dollars mind you but like a $25 share was returned for like $39 (god I already forget...)

I'll be happy to toss in a few $$ to get this kid started.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:42 PM

flopton - I intend on searching for wickss posts on the forums, as well as reading his blog on SnGIcons (I did a little bit last night). I plan on trying to learn stuff from his posts, if I am able to. & I'd appreciate it greatly if you'd throw in a few bucks to stake me, along with those who've verbally committed to doing so. I think it's all too good to be true, but I guess I'll see.

StregaChess - How did the deal with wickss work out? What were the guidelines? How experienced was wickss when he was staked?
Old 06-25-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flopton - I intend on searching for wickss posts on the forums, as well as reading his blog on SnGIcons (I did a little bit last night). I plan on trying to learn stuff from his posts, if I am able to. & I'd appreciate it greatly if you'd throw in a few bucks to stake me, along with those who've verbally committed to doing so. I think it's all too good to be true, but I guess I'll see.

StregaChess - How did the deal with wickss work out? What were the guidelines? How experienced was wickss when he was staked?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he is still at 6.50s, from the last I heard he is still trying to figure out SNGs while grinding out a profit in Omaha so if you find his posts you'll probably just be looking at other peoples advice.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:50 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

this thread is the best thing ever. i think he was just experienced as being a taxi driver but now he plays poker full time its awesome. 2+2 loaded on the sarcasm but ended up genuinely supporting the guy.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:18 PM

It looks like wickss is pretty profitable. Sharkscope has his total profit @ $1,067 after 1,961 total games with an average ROI of 10%.

& flopton, I skimmed through that thread & only got through the first page. All those pages intimidate me, to tell you the truth. Maybe when I have more time & will to read it, I will look back over it.

To all those that are considering staking me - Since you're staking me, I ask that you do a few things. 1) List everything I 'ought to know about the $1.20s before I dive head first into 'em; including, but not limited to, key skills to have, what I will run into, level of difficulty, etc. & 2) You supply the username for my Pokerstars account, & I am open to anything. Go wild.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) You supply the username for my Pokerstars account, & I am open to anything. Go wild.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:18 PM

I figured if the money I get for playing is coming from someone other than me, the least I could do was allow those people to agree upon a username for me.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured if the money I get for playing is coming from someone other than me, the least I could do was allow those people to agree upon a username for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will contribute $5 to the corruption fund. Usernames?

Prelapsarian
Frankenroll
$1Mortimer
AgnusDei
Old 06-25-2007, 05:08 PM

Fishhh I honestly wouldn't recommend getting into real-money gambling so early. You're keen to learn which is great, but you need to understand that play-money sng results have almost no relation whatsoever to real money results. It's not so much a matter of how seriously you are taking it, but how seriously your opponenents are playing too (read: not very). I was cracking out a solid 80% plus ROI on the party play money sngs, and as soon as I turned 18 I deposited my first real money, after a month at the lowest stakes I was beaten for most of my (admittedly small) savings account. Also understand that its a lot easier to maintain bankroll management for play money than real money. It's good that you're learning the concepts of BR management while the stakes are low, but when most new gamblers face their first real loss their BR discipline usually goes out the window. Even if you're playing with other people's money, I dont think you should get involved so early. It's a slow and often costly process, not just learning the rules but developing a good gamer's mentality, and not something I would really recommend to a 15 year old. Thats not even taking into account the questionable legality of you playing/ being staked for online gaming.

Most of all I would not recommend 'diving headon' into real-money gambling while putting off studying the 2p2 threads for 'when you get spare time'... Not sure how far the 2p2 staking generosity goes, but for a new player this is a sure-fire recipe for going very busto very quickly (especially since so far, not meaning to sound rude, you seem to only have a preliminary grasp of the basic concepts of sngs).

Hang around 2p2 and do the required reading (STT Forum FAQ is the vital first stop), then when you are ready you will no doubt own the sngs and move up the limits quick. There's another side to gambling that often goes forgotten when talking to the (mostly) winning players on 2p2, and that's that it's almost miraculous for a new player to just dive in and just start being profitable. With variance you may initially make money, but 'making money' is not the same as profitability. Given that you will be playing off stakes your learning curve will be very steep and jumping straight in is definitely not the best. I'm not saying this to scare you off, its just that I would hate to see you back here in a few weeks having to ask for more money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. You probably didn't want to hear all this, but it seems everyone else has gotten caught up in the moment. At least take it on board, from someone who learnt the hard way.

/The Chief Spoil-Sport
Closed Thread