Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: WSOP....a true disgrace.

[ QUOTE ]
Spent the past week in Vegas for the WSOP and came out with a true sense of disappointment. This was my third and worst year there. I wont go on a two page rant or anything but in short I found it to be a total lack of respect for the players and in general being run to do nothing but make as much money as possible. I don't blame them for wanting to make money but they might as well call it the world series of greed. After playing two events and dealing with the tent, bad dealers and floormen, bad structures, and in general just poorly run tournaments i had enough. I went to play the Venetians' 1k deep stack as my last tourney and wow. Please if there is a god let these guys take over the wsop soon. They treat you how a high buy in tournament player should be treated. All details looked at, good dealers and GREAT floormen, excellent service and playing environment. All in all I am very upset I gave the rio and harrahs any rake. I highly recommend any of you going to vegas in the next few weeks STAY AWAY FROM THE RIO and play the venetians events instead. The only thing the rio has going is the high buy ins and the dream of winning one of those ugly bracelets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with JEarly. Went out there for event #3 to hang out and sweat a friend and it was chaos. My buddy pre-registered and spent 5 hours in line anyway. Then he had to endure the tent and a TD that tried to empty the tent and the Amazon room after allowing all players and spectators in to begin with, resulting in a mass of colliding people either entering or leaving both facilities.
I understand the numbers problem, but these properties accomodate thousands of gamblers everyday. The fact they are consistently overwhelmed every year is what is aggravating and difficult to understand.
The whole pre-reg thing mystifies me. Players just get a sense that they don't matter. And even if they don't, they should be treated like you give rat's ass. I was actually stunned that even $1500 and five hours in lines didn't get you a cheap t-shirt that cost Harrah's $2 to make.
I would have aspired to play in an event just for the experience. But I experienced way more than I wanted to without forking over $1500 or five hours of my time. I have no desire to partake in the WSOP after seeing that.
There's a right way to do business and treat people. Harrah's is still searching for it.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:01 PM

Thinly veiled spam or not the Venetian is an absolutely great tournament and card room and the Rio is a disaster [censored] hole where going to the bathroom is a 20 minute process because of all the [censored] railbirds masturbating to the sight of HUMBERTO BRENES!!!!

Also the Bellagio cup, if you can afford the series of pretty damn high buy ins, is a really great experience as well.

All in all for me: Bellagio>Venetian>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>Rio.

The only reason i rate Bellagio over Venetian is because buy ins at Venetian are to low.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All of those promotional chicks with the skimpy outfits on are perfect 10s. It's really quite jaw dropping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the best reason to go to Poker tournaments is to check out the promotional girls there. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that sure is what I said alright! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2007, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the best and most accurate non-poker related post I have read in a long time!

I have NEVER EVER seen a girl so happy/giggly/bubbly/etc in my entire life as this girl.

Is she for real or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

One dealer told me she is like that EVERY DAY [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
7/4/6 is total lol. Are you out of your mind? You think the middle girl is BELOW AVERAGE???? So if someone said, OK, you have a choice. You can either bang the middle chick, OR you can bang a random woman between the ages of 18-40, you'd take the mystery box???

I would say 9/9/7.5.

[/ QUOTE ]

9/9 is insane. LOL The 7.5 for the third is fine.

What does randomness have to do with these particular girls?
Old 06-25-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
7/4/6 is total lol. Are you out of your mind? You think the middle girl is BELOW AVERAGE???? So if someone said, OK, you have a choice. You can either bang the middle chick, OR you can bang a random woman between the ages of 18-40, you'd take the mystery box???

I would say 9/9/7.5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. They wouldn't rate a 2nd look here in LA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same in Vegas. Guys on this board hate it when someone they think is some sort of gorgeous beauty is not as well received by others. They are good but far from great.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:20 PM

OK. This thread is still driving me nuts. If I can't figure out the cause I'm going to have to try deleting the images. Sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2007, 02:29 PM

Remove about 50 of Bond18's >>> and you'll be good.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remove about 50 of Bond18's >>> and you'll be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Kevmath! I knew it was there somewhere but just couldn't see it.