Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: June. (#10 of 10.)

Hello all.

First of all i have some suggestions for WPEX, i hope WSEX GM will read them and include them in his "to do list".
I cant stand to see the best thing that ever happend to poker, besides WPT, not getting the succes it deserves anymore.

1. A FPP store, it was mentioned earlyer in this thred but i need to have it on my list, its VERY important because it gives free advertising, the players get goals and therefore play more (an example could be if i wanted a Playstaion 3 and you had it in your store i would play more to get it, for some reason stuff like that gives more purpose to some players then cold cash - its done that to me where i played to get i new computerscreen and i grinded Stars to get it, even playing higher then i should cause that payed more points)
The way to get this is to take 5 or 10% out of the rakeback and put it into "store-value" so players would still get 100% back in value, but players who want the T-shirts and so on get those instead of the cash.. Cash could be purchesed in the store, that way everyone wins !

2. There are lots of players who likes features, personally i really like the "Final Table Dealmaking" feature at Party Poker, and its small stuff like this that brings in players. Please make this happen.

3. Guarenteed tournaments, i see you have a lot of these, but why not all of them ? The way to do it is to look at the same tournament from the same weekday in the last week and set the GTD to 70 or 80% of the prizepool in that event. This would brig in players, and if you want to give the players some money then add it to a tournament instead, it looks better and brings in more players.

4. Tournament leaderboard, player egos and all makes this an obvious addition.

5. Get your name in more places, one could be officialpokerrankings.com, just like the leaderboard this will make people want wins even more then before and users of OPR will get to know WPEX

6. Bad Beat Jackpot, this is a feature a lot of people enjoy, especially the "softer" players, so this addition would be terrific for everyone.
The payout in my head would be 70% to the players in the hand, 50% to the loser, 25% to the winner and 25% to the rest of the table. 20% as a seed to the next BBJ and 10% as an "administration-fee" that goes to advertising.

7. Breaks. I havent played your tournaments, but take from this what you want.
3 min breaks, and 10 min breaks every 3rd, 6th and 9th hour.
An "I'm ready button" so players can skip the breaks if they want, this is a great feature cause everyone wins again.

8. Structure in the tournaments, i dont know the structure but again use it if is not allready there:
Regular tournaments: like Stars but double it (so it goes: 20/40, 30/60, 50/100, and so on) and 4000 in startingchips (with more chips it feels more real, and its a great feeling to sit with over 100k or 1m chips)
Selected tournaments: 6000 startingchips, same structure as the regular.
Deepstack tournaments: 10.000 startingchips, same structure as the others, but blind levels at 20 min instead of 15.
Antes are on ALL levels.

9. Antes on cashgames, this will provide loose games for those who like that sort of thing. This would be selected tables, not all ofcourse.

10. Deposits/withdrawels needs to be smooth and validation should be under special surcumstanses and not the rule. For example if i deposit 100$ and win 50$ and i want to cashout the 150$ to the SAME account the money came from, why should that require validation ?
Personally i think of it as an accusation, and when i was asked for it because of a withdrawel of 25$ to the same account i made a deposit with, i saw it as an accusation and snubbed WPEX. - today im a regular on 2/4 and 3/6 and would love to play WPEX but i still have a bad image of the site.

11. When the FPP store comes into the picture, put up FPP cash games, this is a fun idea i might just be very loose games and a way for players to get that playstation 3 faster if thats what they want, this gives people options and new features. players love that.

12. A suggestion box in the lobby, this needs to be extreamly easy to use, just a little button that takes people to a small form where they can report bugs or tell you about a great idea they have to improve the site.

13. the last one for now, cause my fingers are starting to hurt, I and lots of other european players want you to get a european licens (gibraltar, malta or some place like that). When you dont have that, people in Denmark where i live have to pay 50%!!! in taxes from winnings, this alone will keep at least 75% of the danish players away from WPEX.

Thats it for the suggestions for now.

On another note, i would like (if you want) to devote a website to getting new players to WPEX if you want to cooperate with me.

WSEX GM, i would love to talk to you personally (MSN or something like that) cause i have LOTS of ideas (due to the fact that its my dream to get a pokersite, witch probably wont happen [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], but that leaves me with tons of ideas leftover from years of thinking that you might benefit from)

my 2 cents
Old 06-25-2007, 07:41 AM

Kristiantho,

Funny that you have all those ideas, obviously without ever having taken a good look at the WPEX software or having played one hand there.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:13 PM

Wilco666

I played there yesterday, 2/4 FL - actually i played against another poster in this thread "palomino".

And so what if i haddent played there? Its VERY easy to just overlook ideas they cant use, but the more ideas out there the better. More to choose from. So if your going to spend time/energy in this tread, use it in a constructive way please.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:02 PM

A "simple" suggestion. When I go to a table, the default is always show everything no chat. Unless I take action, I can't see anything anyone else is saying, and can't communicate back. So the site comes off for me as very unsocial. This could be a real turnoff for new or more casual players. Perhaps changing the default to Summary/Player Chat on could make a big difference.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:28 PM

I also sat with you yesterday and any ideas are good if they help drive people there.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:30 PM

Hi,

After a recent upgrade at WPEX, I found I could no longer connect to the server. I called the help desk, and he told me that it was probably my Firewall. He thought that because of the upgrade, my Firewall considered it a new program and won't let me connect. He suggested I turn off my Firewall, which of course I won't do.

Have you heard of similar problems and how it was resolved?
Old 06-25-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

After a recent upgrade at WPEX, I found I could no longer connect to the server. I called the help desk, and he told me that it was probably my Firewall. He thought that because of the upgrade, my Firewall considered it a new program and won't let me connect. He suggested I turn off my Firewall, which of course I won't do.

Have you heard of similar problems and how it was resolved?

[/ QUOTE ]

Determine who created your firewall software and contact their tech support.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wilco666

I played there yesterday, 2/4 FL - actually i played against another poster in this thread "palomino".

And so what if i haddent played there? Its VERY easy to just overlook ideas they cant use, but the more ideas out there the better. More to choose from. So if your going to spend time/energy in this tread, use it in a constructive way please.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's just that your ideas are extremely general, and most of them do not fit WPEX at all. I don't believe in wildly throwing out ideas without much thought, or as you say "the more ideas out there the better".
Old 06-25-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Withdrawals are taking longer than I would like. I don't think any regular mail requests have gone past six weeks and I don't think any courier withdrawals have gone longer than two weeks, with most taking less.

I apologize for the delays, but this is the environment we are in right now. I am not going to elaborate on the details. WSEX has been in business since 1996 and has never been accused of stiffing anyone. Before the Neteller debacle I think our payout performance would have been described as flawless.

On a more positive note, we are having a tournament tonight at 8:30 Eastern, $5,000 added NL TX Hold'em, $10 buy-in, Limited to 500 players. If only 10 people show up, we're still adding $5,000.

Fred Balfour
GM
WSEX.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I requested a regular cheque on May 12th, so it is very close to being 6 weeks now. I expected it to take over a month as I understand overseas mail is slow as hell, but 6 weeks + is a bit much I think.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:20 PM

I just got this error:

[ QUOTE ]
An error has occurred:

File
Line 0

Method (TEventHandler::TEventFunc) &PostShow
Message I/O error 6
Object 0

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else having problems starting the software?

EDIT: It was trying to install a new version and I was not logged in on an admin user account.
Closed Thread