Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 02:15 PM

Default Re: NL 100 AA facing turn re raise

[ QUOTE ]

If the answer is alawys a clear fold in these situations,then surely bluffing becomes so attractive that calling has to be an option?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fact that we have no reads on villain makes this a clear fold. Stats or other reads could warrant a call.

[ QUOTE ]

I just think it's hillarious that anytime anyone posts a hand where they face a big raise they are met with a chorus of folds?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a counterexample, how about THIS hand?

[ QUOTE ]

What a great game where 95% of the time we bet, we're thinking "If I get raised here I'm going to have to fold."

[/ QUOTE ]

95% of statistics are made up on the spot...

[ QUOTE ]

No wonder players like Ian Barns are destroying the games.

[/ QUOTE ]

No comment.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If the answer is alawys a clear fold in these situations,then surely bluffing becomes so attractive that calling has to be an option?

I'm not saying people are wrong...I just think it's hillarious that anytime anyone posts a hand where they face a big raise they are met with a chorus of folds?

What a great game where 95% of the time we bet, we're thinking "If I get raised here I'm going to have to fold."

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not a generic situation people are saying to fold. look at the board and stack. villian didnt raise to 40, he raised 52 allin.
what could the villian possibly have that you beat? KK/QQ and even then there is good chance he has a heart. maybe AhT.
and of the hands that beat you, you are dead to all of them except JJ,TT,77,33 which only give you two outs or JT with 6 outs.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying people are wrong...I just think it's hillarious that anytime anyone posts a hand where they face a big raise they are met with a chorus of folds?

[/ QUOTE ]

No wonder. Probably why I was poppin that cris when yall cats thought it was beer and [censored].
Old 06-23-2007, 06:23 PM

Ian just because you beat 1-2 NL obviously doesn't mean you're not a complete dink.

For everyone who always calls for a fold in these spots,how do you avoid being abused? Lets face it, if someone semi bluffs/bluffs the right frequency there are no good choices.

I guess that's what makes things interesting.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:26 PM

Im a dink I know nothing.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:18 PM

Isn't this in line with the Baluga Theorem that's been thrown around on the micro and small stakes NLH parts of this forum? Generally, one pair is usually no good on the turn if raised. I think that's even more true when a flush card hits, especially at this level.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:28 PM

There was a great thread on this mid-last week that involved a lot of musings on a very similar situation. I would be for betting a little less on the turn actually, but that doesn't change the decision. You have to lay this one down.

It is a marginal spot and the play changes depending on who your opponent is.
Link to last week's thread
Old 06-25-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ian just because you beat 1-2 NL obviously doesn't mean you're not a complete dink.

For everyone who always calls for a fold in these spots,how do you avoid being abused? Lets face it, if someone semi bluffs/bluffs the right frequency there are no good choices.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero can check a lot of turns with decent hands. This takes advantage of players who are overly aggressive and keeps us from laying down the best hand.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I have seen someone make this move without the hand he is representing then I would entertain a call, otherwise I fold.