Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Dissatisfied with # of 3rd place finishes.

While I don't havea subscription and really have no personal ideas of how helpful it may be, I would recommend a subscription to SNGIcons. With that you could see real money play and in addition you would have the best SNG players teaching you how to play. Other than this I don't see how you can get any hands on experience with real money without depositing and playing yourself.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:32 AM

BadBeatsCrewDerk - I realize the difference between playing PM SnGs & RM SnGs, it's just that right now my focus is set on learning the fundamentals, or as much of the fundamentals as I can lacking RM play. & it's been suggested that once my bankroll allows it, I start playing higher buy-in SnGs, because like you said, people begin to value their chips (for the most part). I noticed that the value placed on chips is significantly greater in the $2,000 SnGs than in the $250 SnGs (I committed a sin & bought in a $2,000 SnG, even though my bankroll didn't allow it - for the first time in my SnG sessions, play reached the 6th & 7th level & I found myself, once again, out in 3rd for $3,100). Anyways, I am registered in a that takes place in about 10 minutes. Hopefully I am able to make it in the money, of course my goal is for 1st, but it's a crapshoot.

Kevin8423 - Moneymaker just repeats what all the other SnG articles say. Nothing too advanced or intuitive.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:38 AM

maybe we should just bankroll him for the $1.20's on stars. we could always use a second wicks. anyone wanna help contribute to the delincuency of a minor?

I'll put up half the 50 buyin roll if someone else does the other half. In exchange, Jr has to post at least 2 hands a day, and a weekly summery on how it's going. should be educational.

well?
Old 06-25-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe we should just bankroll him for the $1.20's on stars. we could always use a second wicks. anyone wanna help contribute to the delincuency of a minor?

I'll put up half the 50 buyin roll if someone else does the other half. In exchange, Jr has to post at least 2 hands a day, and a weekly summery on how it's going. should be educational.

well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this against the law? I wouldn't mind contributing a bit.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this against the law? I wouldn't mind contributing a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a grey area, like everything else we do. I'ma be gone till tomarrow night, but I'll check in then and see whats developed.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:17 AM

i would throw in some for this, could be fun...
Old 06-25-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would throw in some for this, could be fun...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-25-2007, 04:41 AM

What ever happened to Wickss anyway? Does he still play poker? What about MJ?
Old 06-25-2007, 05:32 AM

I've never played a play money game but I better the standard at the 2500 tables is no different to the £1.20s. Presumably you have to have won a bit to have got your play money up to that level.

I think OP has a really good chance of success at real money SNGs. He is clearly intelligent, willing to learn and even writes reasonable English. How many other PM players have SNGWiz?
Old 06-25-2007, 01:26 PM

lacky, DeuceSeven, AdLinden, & rwesty - If you were to stake me, I'd be eternally grateful, as no one has even come close to offering anything of the sort to me (although, I have asked time & time again over @ Pokertips.org for advice, help, what have you, & all I ever got were posts ridden with the same information over & over). There's just one problem I have with this, I'm not entirely sure if my game is fundamentally sound enough to be playing the $1.20s, I intend on buckling down & reading as much as I can, when I can & however I can on poker fundamentals. What I ask of you is to list off aspects that I will need to have mastered or semi-mastered in order to win @ the $1.20s. I'm planning on studying up on all the basics: pot odds, position, starting hands (percentage wise; I'll probably take a look @ the +/-EV list for pre-flop hands & commit them to memory.. hopefully), bluffing, semi-bluffing, slowplaying - although, I'm not too sure if the previous three aspects would prove successful, taking into consideration many have related the $1.20s to higher buy-in PM SnGs. But, once my PM bankroll can support it, I'll head over to the $2,000 PM SnGs & see if bluffing & what-not is semi-successful.

On top of this, I sometimes have trouble pinning playing styles of different players & I often find myself contemplating otherwise basic calls/folds/raises due to not being able to place a player on a particular style, & I was wondering how I could become better at doing so? I mean, I know against tight-passive players that they are often scared by re-raises, & pot sized bets & that against maniacs I should pass up anything that I have doubts can win heads-up against the maniac's push. So, in these situations, I'm looking for JJ+, QJs+ (possibly), & depending on the situation, mid- to high-pairs. But, I'll admit, even that bit of information I'm unsure of. So, as you can tell, there's a bit I believe I need to buckle down & master. If you can answer the above questions + suggest aspects that I am sure to run into at the $1.20s, please, go right ahead & do so. Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread