Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 08:05 PM

Default Been away from SNGs post legislation...questions about SNGEGT

I started playing cash games on smaller sites after the legislation (I used to quad table the 10s and 20s on party.) which was profitable but i wanted to get back to SNGs, so I am playing on stars now.

I have and use SNG power tools, and have since it first came out, but I was wondering about this new program SNGEGT and its real-time analysis.

a) Are a lot of people using it? (i.e. am i at some sort of disadvantage if i am not using it)

b) Is it as accurate as SNG powertools or is there some sort of reason i should prefer sngpt.

c) Is it legal? They say it is on their site but that doesnt mean much to me.

d) wtf is the game theory range calculator that the site talks about if u pay 100 instead of 50. That doesn't mean it calculates opponents calling ranges for me does it?
Old 06-24-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Been away from SNGs post legislation...questions about SNGEGT

[ QUOTE ]

a) Are a lot of people using it? (i.e. am i at some sort of disadvantage if i am not using it)

[/ QUOTE ]

Some use it but it's difficult to use multitabling and you don't really have time to input proper ranges.

[ QUOTE ]

b) Is it as accurate as SNG powertools or is there some sort of reason i should prefer sngpt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing + real time analysis.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars has explicitly allowed it, I don't think Full Tilt or the other sites have taken a position.

Dunno about d). I doubt it does it very well, much like SNGwiz often poorly assigns ranges.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:02 AM

I'm guessing that the game theory based range assumes both (or all) players left know ICM and play perfectly. The game theory or nash equilibrium range would be the point at which none of the players should change their strategy (i.e. calling/pushing range) because they would immediatly be at an disadvantage.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:32 PM

I'm one of the programmers of SNGEGT, so I will answer to couple of these questions.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Free version of SNGEGT contains same features as SNGPT and also includes SNGQuiz and Heads-Up Trainer. When SNGEGT was developed results were compared to SNGPT and results were always identical. Commercial versions can read current situation from game window during game.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars and Fulltilt has answered to our question about SNGEGT:s legality. Both sites have answered that using of SNGEGT doesn't violate their TOS. PokerStars lists it as an allowed program on http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/ . FullTilt support is currently under development.

[ QUOTE ]

d) wtf is the game theory range calculator that the site talks about if u pay 100 instead of 50. That doesn't mean it calculates opponents calling ranges for me does it?

[/ QUOTE ]

GT version adjusts oppponents call/push ranges by using game theory based approach. This method calculates optimal ranges (nash equilibrium) by using ICM and doesn't contain any precalculated results. Opponents on the SNGQuiz and Heads-Up trainer uses same algorithms to decide their moves.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:50 PM

Wishmaster,

Any idea when this will be FTP compatible?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:28 PM

I'm currently testing screen reading. Hand history parsing is under development. Release with FullTilt support will be released quite surely at end of this week.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:32 PM

As soon as FTP support is ready, I'm droppin the dimes
Old 06-25-2007, 03:27 PM

End of the week. Woo Hoo. I currently own the realtime version. Will i have to pay to get the FTP support? Also, is there upgrade pricing for the Game Theory version? I still don't think I quite understand what this (Game Theory) is, could you maybe post a little better description on when this comes into play?
Old 06-25-2007, 03:54 PM

Basically he means that it assumes that everyone plays perfectly, everyone knows everyone else is playing perfectly, everyone knows everyone knows everyone else is playing perfectly, etc etc etc all the way down the line. It then makes it's decisions based on that.

So for example, to decide if you should push with X, it will take into account the fact that your opponent knows your exact profitable pushing range and also knows that you know his exact profitable calling range.

Do I have that right?
Old 06-25-2007, 03:59 PM

Does this thing work if you 20 table or do you have to open 20 seperate copies of it? Does it work when tables are resized?
Closed Thread