Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2006, 05:31 AM

Default Harveys Lake Tahoe - # of tables?

How many tables does the poker room have at Harveys in South Shore Lake Tahoe? I was last there in 2000, and the little I remember about the poker room, there was only a handful of tables. To my surprise, this info is NOT available on the Harrah's/Harveys company website.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Harveys Lake Tahoe - # of tables?

It was expanded before the WSOP Circuit event last spring. Their is a ton of tables but more empty than full. Still there is pretty good action there, especially in winter time.

I dont frequent south lake as much as I would like. Perhaps someone else will have better information than I could provide.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:32 PM

There are about 15 tables and a bunch more in the back that I don't think get used execpt for the WSOP event. Don't get to play there much but the atmosphere is great. The dealers really seem to enjoy themselves which makes playing fun. Some of them have been there at least 15 to 20 years. The drinks don't come as fast as they used to but they are still free. Watch out where you sit. 3-6 tables are near the entrance and if you have a good seat you may forget about the game. There is a stream of good looking women that walk by and and it can become a bit distracting. Not a problem for me since that is one of the reasons I like to go there. They used to bring out a great spread of sandwiches every Saturday afternoon around 4:00 but don't know if they still do that. Was planning on being there myself Saturday night if things work out.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:51 PM

I went 3 or 4 times last summer and they had maybe 18-22 tables going, usually all full on Saturday nights. 2 to 4 NLHE games were usually going, blinds 2/5, 500 max buy in. Several LHE games, 3-6, 6-12, and sometimes 10-20. The action was great!
Old 03-02-2006, 03:09 PM

im gonna be hitting up harveys sat and sunday will you be up there steve? will give a report when done.