Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Skills in my opponents which I fear/ respect.

[ QUOTE ]
5) Continuation of Ansky's #5: finding believable bluff spots. I.e. identifying situations where people can't possibly expect you to mess around with crap, yet playing crap for just that reason. For example, if I just won a big pot in early position and am still stacking chips, people expect me to fold and 'chill out' for a hand or two, at least with total crap. But often I'll come out firing again right away: how can I not have it there? Pretty much reverse Mike Caro stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

this applies to bluffing against thinking opponents.

i remember nath and i were in a pot in a tournament recently, when there a board that i couldn't possibly bluff. nath knew this, i knew this and i knew nath knew this. therefore, it was an ideal board to bluff. /brag.

of course, this does not apply to bluffing against unthinking opponents. which is something i do way way way too often.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:45 PM

7. People who call my 4bet bluff shoves light.

BTW good post Ansky
Old 06-24-2007, 09:00 PM

In tournaments, the players who give me the most trouble are those who know how to exploit me and the table when the table's playing way too tight and I'm stealing like crazy.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:36 PM

Great post.

Just to add. In live games, players that don't steam after losing a big hand, or don't celebrate after winning a big one. The guy who shrugs his shoulders and ships the money quietly after losing an 80/20 is a lot more scary to me than the guy that freaks out.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:24 PM

Would someone mind summarizing "shania" again?...I forget
Old 06-25-2007, 04:47 AM

Shania=metagame= The general concept of balencing ones game so that their individual lines aren't readable. IE, if you always raised 4x w/ AA KK, and 3x w/ everything else this is an obvious violation of sound metagame.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:03 AM

I definately do all the 6 points in the OP. I am pretty good at mixing it up. However, I must have some other leaks in my game.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I definately do all the 6 points in the OP. I am pretty good at mixing it up. However, I must have some other leaks in my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your ub KK post, I think you also need to work on #6 like me.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your ub KK post, I think you also need to work on #6 like me.

[/ QUOTE ]
6. is basically the principle in TPFAP "don't raise with AQs/TT if a reraise would make you throw up". Now obviously, you open raise with AQs/TT, so I assume this means don't reraise, or don't raise limpers, or sometimes just limp in early position.

You can sometimes flat call with a monster and sometimes make loose reraises with hands you can easily fold to another raise. Those plays have advantages in themselves, ans also mean your reraises can't be read for big pairs.

In the hand where the guy reraised the UTG raiser with AKo and didn't know how to respond to the push, AKo became AQs/TT. In the hand I posted with 250xBB, KK became AQs/TT. I understand the concept, but didn't apply it well to really deep money.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:03 AM

The "playing with a plan" is my favorite point in this thread. I see this all the time and it continues to boggle my mind. People don't have "plans", they just see cards and decide to make a move not having any idea what they are going to do to aggression, when their stack size clearly dictates that they need to put their stack in.

Pretty much people don't know that in spots when they raise they have a trivially easy call to a push; they can't tank after raising with such a miniscule stack and fold to a jam.