Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 09:14 PM

Default Re: 3-betting, lets find a solution

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm also really interested in this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been in Alpha testing for the last 2 and a half weeks - I'll be announcing the date for the public beta pretty soon.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds awesome, thanks.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: 3-betting, lets find a solution

[ QUOTE ]
I have pretty fast SQL statements for all this stuff. Using rollup tables is the key to a fast query that's updateable often. I've asked PA Josh about using custom stats with PAHUD and he says it's impossible (and I don't think he was planning on implementing but I could be mistaken) If anyone working on this stuff wants to discuss quick, accurate ways to do this sort of thing, PM me. I'd love to get some of my custom SQL into a HUD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even see this thread until RVG just pointed it out to me.

TBH if you are prepared to do a lot of the messing around with postgres to extract info from the PT databse, you could probably write your own hand importer and extract the info directly from the HH's. That's what I've done with my HUD.

I guess Postgres is fine for a lot of applications but I'm not sure it is totally suitable for a poker HUD. All that 'transactional' stuff would make me feel a lot better if I were writing an accounting program or keeping medical records, but I'm sure it gums up PT horrendously. We just have a silly card game and can easily rebuild the database from the hand histories, if lightning strikes whilst you are saving something.